Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my project for this weekend in. Swapping out my non led lights for LED's and installing the precut vinyl tint decals from American muscle. I think they charge so much because they send a squeege with each decal! LOL one would have been good guys! Now I have 5.....:wtf

This will replace my front and rear side markers, dome and map lights and license plate lights. I'll update with pictures on monday when I get it all done!

for the record the lights needed are as follows:
all side markers and map/dome lights are 194's
license plate lights are 6418 festoon's

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
ThinBlueLine said:
Just got my project for this weekend in. Swapping out my non led lights for LED's and installing the precut vinyl tint decals from American muscle. I think they charge so much because they send a squeege with each decal! LOL one would have been good guys! Now I have 5.....:wtf

This will replace my front and rear side markers, dome and map lights and license plate lights. I'll update with pictures on monday when I get it all done!

Is the 6418 the ones for the dome? Do they have resistors??

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gtstyles2 said:
Is the 6418 the ones for the dome? Do they have resistors??
No, they are for the license plates, see above. And the vleds do not need resistors because of their circuitry. You pay more but don't have to worry about that hassle. They are plug and play.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have the V-LEDs for my exterior lighting as well. Worth the money! ThinBlue any plans to do the reverse lights? I did the V-LED HID whites x 4 and they are awesome! Highly recommend them!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jackal43x said:
I have the V-LEDs for my exterior lighting as well. Worth the money! ThinBlue any plans to do the reverse lights? I did the V-LED HID whites x 4 and they are awesome! Highly recommend them!
I wasn't planning to because the tint has cut outs for the reverse lights so they are not tinted. That's the reason for the upgrade in lights, so I don't get pulled over for them being to dim under the tint.

But just in case, can you send me the link to the exact ones you bought?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I wasn't planning to because the tint has cut outs for the reverse lights so they are not tinted. That's the reason for the upgrade in lights, so I don't get pulled over for them being to dim under the tint.

But just in case, can you send me the link to the exact ones you bought?
I sprayed my taillights, but I didn't spray over the reverse lights. I've always kept my reverse's clear because I liked the look. One of my main reasons for upgrading the reverse lights was because stocks are too dim and no one ever sees them or pays attention so now they are blinding. Also, I have 5% tint I can actually see where I am backing up to with them. As to legality, they won't pull you over for side markers being too dim to my knowledge, I just like the LED look. Here's the requested link:

6K WHITE 19 LED 8W HIGH POWER BULBS 917 918 920 921 922 923 579 | 1 PAIR

Also here is a pic of my reverse lights, they are really hard to capture a good picture of them. It's always been too bright for my phone camera. Bulb size is 921 by the way!

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jackal43x said:
I sprayed my taillights, but I didn't spray over the reverse lights. I've always kept my reverse's clear because I liked the look. One of my main reasons for upgrading the reverse lights was because stocks are too dim and no one ever sees them or pays attention so now they are blinding. Also, I have 5% tint I can actually see where I am backing up to with them. As to legality, they won't pull you over for side markers being too dim to my knowledge, I just like the LED look. Here's the requested link:

6K WHITE 19 LED 8W HIGH POWER BULBS 917 918 920 921 922 923 579 | 1 PAIR

Also here is a pic of my reverse lights, they are really hard to capture a good picture of them. It's always been too bright for my phone camera. Bulb size is 921 by the way!
Awesome! Are the brake light bulbs 921's too? The manual doesnt say..

·
Registered
398 Posts
Are you referring to the tail light brake lights or third brake light? Either way they are already LEDs from the factory, but they are proprietary lights only made for Mustangs

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jackal43x said:
Are you referring to the tail light brake lights or third brake light? Either way they are already LEDs from the factory, but they are proprietary lights only made for Mustangs
I was referring to the tail light brake light and just reading that about the propriety light thing! I'm sure the factory tail light brake lights are bright enough. I'll just upgrade the reverse lights like u said.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts

ThinBlueLine,

Awesome choice! I'm a huge fan of the blacked out scheme and LED's. These are some of the first mods I did to my 04 Mach1 when I got it! Definitely post up some pictures when you get everything installed, We'd love to check it out!

Thanks for your business and loyalty!

-Dan

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Whitelightning said:
Where do you get all these lights?
I purchased them directly from v-leds.com

Just got done with all of them. Just an FYI..use the flank style for the rear markers and just regular 360 bulbs for the front side markers. And pray you have the patience of a saint for the front side markers. Its so dumb that you have to take out the entire splash shield underneath to get to them whereas the rears just popped out. Wtf Ford...

Edit: I'll get pics when it gets dark out

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
ThinBlueLine said:
I purchased them directly from v-leds.com

Just got done with all of them. Just an FYI..use the flank style for the rear markers and just regular 360 bulbs for the front side markers. And pray you have the patience of a saint for the front side markers. Its so dumb that you have to take out the entire splash shield underneath to get to them whereas the rears just popped out. Wtf Ford...

Edit: I'll get pics when it gets dark out
even the v6 is like that. Now imagine doing a bumper swap. And you missed one push pin and one 7mm screw. Take it all out and hunt it down, line it back up and you're set.

Flank style, do you mean half bulb? I ordered tint for all my markers an lights except headlights and wanted the LED bulbs. I bet it'll look sick

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
even the v6 is like that. Now imagine doing a bumper swap. And you missed one push pin and one 7mm screw. Take it all out and hunt it down, line it back up and you're set.

Flank style, do you mean half bulb? I ordered tint for all my markers an lights except headlights and wanted the LED bulbs. I bet it'll look sick
yes it only shines light 180 degrees. This is how the rear red marker is situated. the front drops straight in so the 360 light would be best.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Which headlights do you have? I'm going to do switchbacks soon but they only work right in OEM HIDs or raxioms
I have OEM HID's

here are some pictures I just snapped with my phone (crappy quality) but it gives you an idea about the intensity of the lights. I must emphasize that the cell phone camera does a crap job in low light conditions. they are very bright

the red was a big change but the amber wasn't as intense just more "deep" amber. I'm sure it will hold up to the tint

Tag lights (notice the ground underneath lol)

rear sidemarker

Front sidemarker

interior map lights

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

The light tint will be put on tomorrow, so consider these "after" LED's but "Before" tint photos lol

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just finished tinting my lights. on the rear brake lights I have a few air bubbles about half the size of a pencil eraser. will these work themselves out within a week or two? the directions say the vinyl is breathable and porous so I'm hoping they will evaporate if I leave them in the sun. Looks great though! Can't wait to see it in sunlight..

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yea they typically do, its the same for window tint. Everytime I swear those bubbles won't cone out, but they always do! Let it sit in the sun it'll speed up the process. LEDs look great BTW!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts