Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
I didn't know that Rustoleum had a lens tinting spray. Lets see some pics when you got time, I would like to see how they turned out! How was the install process? The one issue I have is how exactly do you get the two taillights perfectly equal?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I didn't know that Rustoleum had a lens tinting spray. Lets see some pics when you got time, I would like to see how they turned out! How was the install process? The one issue I have is how exactly do you get the two taillights perfectly equal?
There's a few companies that are making that tinting spray now. I still do it old school myself, mix black (or whatever color) and clear until it's where I want it. The way to get it even is spraying the same coat or coats on both lights. If you're too dark wait until it dries 100% and wet sand it with 1500, then buff it back to a gloss, unless you want it flat. The more coats you put on, the darker it gets.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wet sand it?

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
Wet sanding is sanding with a very fine grit sandpaper while the surface is wet. What I normally do is get 1500+ grit sandpaper and a spraybottle of water. Spray the surface with a liberal amount of water and then lightly sand the surface. All you're trying to do is smooth down the surface at this point. Then do what WtFDiesel said and buff it with a polishing compound and then a detailing compound. It brings if back to that smooth, shiny finish.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wet sanding is sanding with a very fine grit sandpaper while the surface is wet. What I normally do is get 1500+ grit sandpaper and a spraybottle of water. Spray the surface with a liberal amount of water and then lightly sand the surface. All you're trying to do is smooth down the surface at this point. Then do what WtFDiesel said and buff it with a polishing compound and then a detailing compound. It brings if back to that smooth, shiny finish.
Thank you, I am def going to do alittle touch up. I will get pics today. Honestly, a pretty good product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts