Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would getting a pair of 17 inch steeda ultralights be better then my stock 16 inch rims for the 1/4 mile? Ive heard a few things on rotating mass but UL r supposed to be lighter.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I don't know the weights of the two, but with only 1" difference in diameter, i'd bet my week's earnings (i have no job now :D) that the 17" are quite a bit better. What year stang, the 16's are aluminum and not steel, right? I'm pretty sure Ford only made steel 15" wheels from 94 to about 96 and not 16". if aluminum, you're good to go i'd say.

·
Registered
567 Posts
IVe herd the Steeda ultralights arent exactly ultralight...only a few pounds.

If you want to buy rims for performance, get some BBS racing rims. Their light as fvck. :shock:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Steve you need to get more power and stop worrying about putting your stang on a diet. Weight reductions are great but you need the power first man. No body cares if your car can run 13s if you dont have any interior, or doors on the sides. :D Get those 18s you wanted, your nitrous, that way you willlook cool and be FAST. :D

184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i was just wondering tho. Our stangs r tanks kinda.

·
Registered
941 Posts
i skimp anywhere i can on weight. just this past week i traded my power driver's seat rack for a manual sliding one. saved me a good 25-35lbs, it was a have mother.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts