Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 mustang v6 base, I would like to know what type of bulbs I need for the dome lighting, I feel like they are not bright at all ad I would like brighter ones. Also does anyone know the type of bulbs I need for the license plate? I would like to get hids.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
HIDs are for headlights. LEDs are for interior lights. Gimme a sec ill look.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Interior light appears to be a 168
& plate light appears to be a 6418

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
silvrskoundrel said:
HIDs are for headlights. LEDs are for interior lights. Gimme a sec ill look.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Interior light appears to be a 168
& plate light appears to be a 6418
LEDs!!! I knew that lol my mind was somewhere else lol but thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Anytime. Best way to know is pull them out and double check!

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Alexcarlo12 said:
I have a 2012 mustang v6 base, I would like to know what type of bulbs I need for the dome lighting, I feel like they are not bright at all ad I would like brighter ones. Also does anyone know the type of bulbs I need for the license plate? I would like to get hids.
this link will tell you the bulb size/type needed HX etc,etc..
https://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applications/automotive-lighting-systems/Pages/lrgmain.aspx

As silver said LED inside will get you nice and bright. In the license plate I have an LED and love it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol just couldn't wait, there is a autozone right up the street from my job, did it right in the parking lot too.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Alexcarlo12 said:
Lol just couldn't wait, there is a autozone right up the street from my job, did it right in the parking lot too.
I didn't realize they carried LEDs

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
CYCLON37 said:
Hey! NY! Where abouts? I'm in Queens. Also, you guys should try LED reverse lights.
Damn CYCLON37, DATAZZ

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Hey Cyclon37

I like your rear panel that gets rid of the ugly to large fake gas cap.

******************ME TOO************************

Anyway, How hard is it to change the backup bulbs? They are a must have.

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
silvrskoundrel said:
Damn CYCLON37, DATAZZ
Yeah, I love datazz!

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Alexcarlo12 said:
I'm in Westchester county!
No too far man

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

ronnie948 said:
I like your rear panel that gets rid of the ugly to large fake gas cap.

******************ME TOO************************

Anyway, How hard is it to change the backup bulbs? They are a must have.

Ronnie
Yep, the decklid is much better. And the bulbs are easy. Shouldn't take more then 30min. Just gotta remove that plastic trunk piece behind the tails, unscrew the screws that hold the lights and viola, just swap the bulbs. It looks much cleaner, and cheap

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
CYCLON37 said:
Hey! NY! Where abouts? I'm in Queens. Also, you guys should try LED reverse lights.
Whoo I must say that a$$ is the sexist one I've seen yet on grabber S197

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Alexcarlo12 said:
I love it!
Haha love my LEDs

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
CYCLON37 said:
Yeah, I love datazz!

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

No too far man

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Yep, the decklid is much better. And the bulbs are easy. Shouldn't take more then 30min. Just gotta remove that plastic trunk piece behind the tails, unscrew the screws that hold the lights and viola, just swap the bulbs. It looks much cleaner, and cheap
Yeah first time took me 30 now it takes about 5

1 - 20 of 23 Posts