Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried putting like 3 or 4 inch lights behind your grille delete? Or have ever heard of someone doing it? I think I'm going to buy some cheep lights and try it, if it looks good I will get nice lights. Any ideas or thoughts here people?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i've seen it...and two things i thought of..

1. it looked really bad

2. it takes away from air flow to the radiator

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
1slosix said:
i've seen it...and two things i thought of..

1. it looked really bad

2. it takes away from air flow to the radiator
I would think the fogs would send heat(hot air) to the radiator as well. ?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i don't think the amount of time air passes the fogs would cause any heat soak issues...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I keep trying to visualiz it but can't... I don't have an imagination... I don't want them to be super noticeable during the day. And I thought about the radiator problem but I don't think 2 lights would cause too much airflow loss, but I guess that is the only real part of the radiator exposed to air.... I'm not going to lie when I say I used to have a jeep and I love lights, I felt as if I should put lights everywhere but only if it looks good... I also have never seen a new edge with lights there, and that In its self makes me want to see how ugly it would look because I certainly cannot find a picture of it....

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1slosix said:
post a pic of your car and i'll photoshop some in there for you
Photoshop always looks awful but I still thank you for doing it as a concept.... First one will probably work better buy its up to you... Thanks. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1slosix said:
just looks out of place to me...but everyone likes different things
That does look weird but I was thinking a little differently lol.... I don't know how much it would change tho. Thanks for the visualization help my friend.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

1slosix said:
btw i think my photoshops aren't too awful lol
And yeah that was better than I expected

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Could u do a pony delete & mount them in the center? Possibly a little bigger 1slosix?

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
doing that really would kill airflow..and sadly that little hole of a grill is really all our radiator gets unlike s197s
thats whey we're all here :) to keep each other on track! :headbang:

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
now if you like extra lights you could put them here and smoke them to keep them kinda hidden till needed...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts