Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2015 GT, I know I am in the 2011-2014 section. I currently have a Bama tune and cat back exhaust on my car. I chose not to go with a CAI because I saw basically no gains on Bama's dyno graph with it and most people are saying the stock airbox is very good.

The reason I am posting this question here is because there is not much information on the 2015 section on this. So my question is, for those of you who went with long tube headers and or off road pipes, is a CAI considered necessary with those things? I know with a tune alone it doesn't make much of a odfference, but would it be needed when going long tube headers and or off road pipes? How many of you that have gone with heads and or off road pipes did a CAI with it also? Any information of this specific question would be great. Again the specific question is with headers and an off road pipe, is it basically necessary at that point to get a CAI or would the stock air box still be fine?

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Your question had already been answered multiple times man.

The stock CAI is fine with your mods and will be fine until you push going NA to the max or go FI. It's that simple

But obviously you want to here yes it will help. So go get one man
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so no difference going long tube off road headers without CAI verses with a CAI? I will get maximum benefit from the Long tube headers and the off road pipe with the stock air box?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
This question seems to be answered daily here so why another thread was started I don't know. Keep the stock CAI. The fact that your adding headers means nothing.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This question seems to be answered daily here so why another thread was started I don't know. Keep the stock CAI. The fact that your adding headers means nothing.
Ok i guess I was under the impression that increased exhaust flow means you need increased air input and that the stock air box would not be capable of that.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ok i guess I was under the impression that increased exhaust flow means you need increased air input and that the stock air box would not be capable of that.

Try the search bar man saves you a lot of hassle, search what you need and spend a few minutes reading what ppl say works and doesn't. You might learn something new also.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Wandering around, lost, acknowledges this, asks questions in the wrong section anyway...voted most likely to take advice and go a different direction entirely.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try the search bar man saves you a lot of hassle, search what you need and spend a few minutes reading what ppl say works and doesn't. You might learn something new also.

Yes I did search CAI in relation to headers and found nothing. Why don't you show me all this info you claim that's already here smart guy

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Why don't you go play some tennis

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why don't you go play some tennis

Well judging by your dedication to chime in to many threads pretty consistently where your advice is either null or sarcastic for no reason sounds like you need to find something better to do with your life/time

·
Premium Member
6,863 Posts
Your stock CAI is enough. Don't put an aftermarket CAI on your car. All it's good for is looks on the coyote engines.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Wrong, don't just repeat what others say.
Your question had already been answered multiple times man.

The stock CAI is fine with your mods and will be fine until you push going NA to the max or go FI. It's that simple
But as you already pointed out correctly for what the OP has for a setup the stock one will work just fine.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Too many sarcastic and unnecessary responses on this forum.
Except for the fact the same stupid question comes up daily here. Sometimes more than once.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
But as you already pointed out correctly for what the OP has for a setup the stock one will work just fine.
Yes but the comment "just for looks" is false. It's a given for what my response was relating to. I also said it in my original comments for when it can and will be beneficial

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yes I did search CAI in relation to headers and found nothing. Why don't you show me all this info you claim that's already here smart guy

Lol chillll dude sorry(not sorry) that offended you thru a screen. Don't take things out of context so much.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts