1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Long tubes

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Long tubes are gonna be a more difficult install with better gains whereas shorties are gonna be easier install with a lot less noticeable gains

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Pstang5 said:
In other words there is no reason to install shorties? Go bigbor go home then
You sir have nailed it

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Butch said:
Long tubes
On our 3.7, not as much. You lose low end with long tubes where our car is clearly lacking already. If your NA then I wouldn't recommend LT's. Unless maybe if you had better gears. Even then, I personally wouldn't. But can't really recommend shorties either. Can't see there being a significant improvement over stock manifolds. You'd be better off with just an o/r x.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CYCLON37 said:
On our 3.7, not as much. You lose low end with long tubes where our car is clearly lacking already. If your NA then I wouldn't recommend LT's. Unless maybe if you had better gears. Even then, I personally wouldn't. But can't really recommend shorties either. Can't see there being a significant improvement over stock manifolds. You'd be better off with just an o/r x.
Yeah i heard about that. Its so weird. Are our 3.7 the only cars that dont benefit from headers? Lol

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Pstang5 said:
Yeah i heard about that. Its so weird. Are our 3.7 the only cars that dont benefit from headers? Lol
Lol. They do but it's all top end. I just don't think it's worth the loss on the low end for a few extra ponies at like 6k rpms.. If you drag and have 4.10's then I can see someone having LT's. But I still don't think it's worth the $$. What is it? Close to $1k for LT's and X? $200 will get you an o/r x that'll give you more useable power. Jmo :/

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Also, there are no Shorty Headers for the 2011-2013 V6 Mustangs.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
CYCLON37 said:
Lol. They do but it's all top end. I just don't think it's worth the loss on the low end for a few extra ponies at like 6k rpms.. If you drag and have 4.10's then I can see someone having LT's. But I still don't think it's worth the $$. What is it? Close to $1k for LT's and X? $200 will get you an o/r x that'll give you more useable power. Jmo :/
Our low end sucks because of the fuel economy 2.73 gears they put in stock. Install 3.55 or 3.73 gears and the low end will no longer suck. Besides headers make the car sound so much better and aggressive

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2011 Kona Blue said:
Our low end sucks because of the fuel economy 2.73 gears they put in stock. Install 3.55 or 3.73 gears and the low end will no longer suck. Besides headers make the car sound so much better and aggressive
Would the headers compensate 3.73 gears mpg? I heard shifts on such gears were uncomfortable on automatics.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Pstang5 said:
Would the headers compensate 3.73 gears mpg? I heard shifts on such gears were uncomfortable on automatics.
I'm sure having 3.73 gears you will see a drop in your highway MPG. I currently am getting 30 MPG highway doing 70 MPH. Perhaps with 3:73 gears my MPG may drop to 27 . I only travel around 8,000 miles a year in my stang so higher mpg is not really a concern of mine.

The headers would really help the car breath better in turn producing more HP and make it sound more aggressive . Yes, our low end is weak but 3:55 or 3:73 gears will change that completely. I have no idea about shifts on the automatic. If you get headers you will need a tuner to change your car computer. American Muscle will get you squared away and your shift points will be awesome

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2011 Kona Blue said:
I'm sure having 3.73 gears you will see a drop in your highway MPG. I currently am getting 30 MPG highway doing 70 MPH. Perhaps with 3:73 gears my MPG may drop to 27 . I only travel around 8,000 miles a year in my stang so higher mpg is not really a concern of mine.

The headers would really help the car breath better in turn producing more HP and make it sound more aggressive . Yes, our low end is weak but 3:55 or 3:73 gears will change that completely. I have no idea about shifts on the automatic. If you get headers you will need a tuner to change your car computer. American Muscle will get you squared away and your shift points will be awesome
Will be getting my tuner and intake toorrow. I wanted to know what.my next mod should be. Would gears improve city mpg? Mine are mostly city commuting

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Pstang5 said:
Will be getting my tuner and intake toorrow. I wanted to know what.my next mod should be. Would gears improve city mpg? Mine are mostly city commuting
I think gears will improve your city MPG but decrease your highway MPG. Assuming you can keep your foot out it. Lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2011 Kona Blue said:
I think gears will improve your city MPG but decrease your highway MPG. Assuming you can keep your foot out it. Lol
Damn thats so hard. Not even 5.0 owners i've seen locally step on it the way I do lol

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
alrefire said:
Heck yea it can!
And then you have ignorant people that say
Well it's Just a v6
I want to sock em in the face right there
I do everyday here. Damn Alabama.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Whitelightning said:
I do everyday here. Damn Alabama.
I ha a guy follow me halfway across Madison asking, when I pulled into subway, he asked me if I had a turbo, I said no, and he left

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
alrefire said:
I ha a guy follow me halfway across Madison asking, when I pulled into subway, he asked me if I had a turbo, I said no, and he left
Oh in lower Alabama they rev their trucks up and scream out the window for you to race you. If you don't they ride your ass. It's kinda funny

1 - 20 of 35 Posts