Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have mac longtube headers on thier 6 and how do they sound?

·
Registered
574 Posts
A lot of people on V6P have them. I've heard they sound good... They give pretty good gains, but are a pain in the ass to put on. And rust unless you get them coated.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Laser02 said:
A lot of people on V6P have them. I've heard they sound good... They give pretty good gains, but are a pain in the ass to put on. And rust unless you get them coated.
these say that these are already HTS coated.

·
Registered
574 Posts
MAC says that or someone else? I think MAC says their stuff is coated but it really sucks.

You need to get O2 sensor extensions. Or ditch your cats and get MILs.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Laser02 said:
You need to get O2 sensor extensions. Or ditch your cats and get MILs.
i was gonna get thier catted H-pipe for the long tubes & get extensions

Opinions?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Should sound good and provide decent power. The short tube headers barely provide any performance gain. I hope you know someone with a lift though. LT driveway installs aren't fun.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Laser02 said:
Should sound good and provide decent power. The short tube headers barely provide any performance gain. I hope you know someone with a lift though. LT driveway installs aren't fun.
i have militarty privliges so i'll either use the base auto hobby shop or get it done by a pro.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dom said:
That HTS stuff you can peel off with your fingernails.
where can i go to get them coated?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dom said:
Don't get chromed. Try crematic (sp?) coating them.
yeah but WHERE can i get them ceramic coated plus im gonna put some header wrap on there too.

extreme effects i will probablly end up ordering from you guys do you carry an h-pipe(catted) for those and i guess everything else i will need so so engine check light comes on?

·
Registered
231 Posts
timpryor said:
extreme effects i will probablly end up ordering from you guys do you carry an h-pipe(catted) for those and i guess everything else i will need so so engine check light comes on?
Yeah, we have everything H-pipe with or without cats. But we do not carry MIL eliminators (check engine light dohicky).
Check the whole site. We carry tons of stuff for your 6.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Extreme Effects.com said:
Yeah, we have everything H-pipe with or without cats. But we do not carry MIL eliminators (check engine light dohicky).
Check the whole site. We carry tons of stuff for your 6.
sorry 1 more question do you carry the O2 sensor extensions? i didnt see them on the site.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
HTS stands for High Temp Silver. They're painted. I have MAC shortys and they're holding up fine.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
HTS is High Temp Silicone:) It doesn't stop corrosion but suppose to slow it down, and it will scratch off very easily, noticed that after putting on the catback and draging it under the car:banghead:. I think i remember a while back someone saying that mac is starting to ceramic coat them? Most people get ceramic coated ones or the get them "jet hot" coated i think it is.

·
Registered
231 Posts
MAC is starting to offer ceramic coating, however to this date they have only made 2 pair for the V6 and that was almost 4 months ago. I have no idea when they will start mass producing them, but you know as soon as they do we will have them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts