Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2011 mustang gt in late 2010. So far there have only been 2 mods, muffler deletes and drag radials. I don't track the car at all and on my daily drive to work I consider it therapy. I pass in 6th most times I don't even have to down shift. I'm coming up on 60k miles and I'm wondering about a custom dyno tune purely for the sake of health. Obviously vehicles deteriorate over time and compensation for said deterioration might be had in an updated tune, so my question is (assuming I'm keeping this thing until it has 150k miles because its perfect) will a custom dyno tune actually help vs hinder in the sake of keeping it alive?

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have a great dyno tune on my car right now and it has never run better. As far as overall longevity a mustang in general probably wasn't the best vehicle to buy in the first place because my best guess is setting is going to go wrong. Now if you get the oil changed every 3-4k miles and never use the power then maybe but with drag radials I seriously doubt that's the case haha.

·
Tech Expert
2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort
3,058 Posts
Helping or hindering depends on how aggressive the tune is. A safe tune won't do anything harmful.

It also won't help particularly. as every tune will still use Ford's sensor inputs to tweak things which will accomodate for the wear the engine is experiencing. You don't tune for engine mileage and wear, you tune for good performance and reliability and the ECM will take care of the rest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts