Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
i hope your happy with teh drop.... 1.1 inches sure doesnt look like what you would expect but maybe you will be happy.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Steeda's are 1.25" drop, but my front bumper already sits 2 inches above the ground... so now my bumper will be 1 inch from the ground. I think that's low enough lol.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
well you will probably break off that snow plow bumper in the not to distant future :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D

J/k watch out for curbs, driveways and speed bumps!!!!

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
yea the say 1.25 but expect 1.1 - 1.25 but you really cant go any lower with the front end and not worry about scraping really bad if you dont already.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Maybe you could use somekind of a hand grinder on the lowest parts of your front bumper to grind away about 1/2 inch or so of it, lol j/k.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Rick0636 said:
Maybe you could use somekind of a hand grinder on the lowest parts of your front bumper to grind away about 1/2 inch or so of it, lol j/k.

or sell it and buy a new one ;) lol

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I might swap it for a Roush Stage 3 in a few months, but even still... Steeda get's awesome ratings on their springs, so I'll probably stick with them either way.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They're on and the full front/rear alignment has been completed. I'm going to go for a test drive later tonight. Rush hour traffic prevented me from really testing out the new springs. Wheel gap is much improved... 3 fingers now instead of 2 hands lol. Drop on the front looks similar to what it did before... which is good for the scrapage. Oh... and I got abused by the supercharged & nitrous injected Z06 autoshop teacher who was there calling my car the Ricestang the whole time my friend and I were installing them. Oh well... I heard Corvette drivers have small d***s anyways... so sucks to be him :p

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Shahrum said:
I heard Corvette drivers have small d***s anyways... so sucks to be him :p

lol.... nice man, you like the look then?

i just bough my c springs from austin... they should be goin on next sunday!!! woot for me not havin a 4x4 anymore :)

·
Registered
941 Posts
shahrum and zimstang, to benefit from the drop handling wise, you will need shorter endlinks. they give the sway bar better leverage and aren't expensive. you can get them from ebay or from vendors. get "for lowered cars" obviously. i have some max. motorsport ones for sale as well.

also if your car is older some new isolators, and yes, USE THEM or you'll be sorry.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/isolators.asp

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
im not lookin for "awesome" handling... i want a better stance, thats about it. The most racing ill be doing is drag racing... if i ever get into AUTOX, then ill look into those... Thanks though austin, im glad youre lookin out for us :)

·
Registered
941 Posts
not a problem. i am new to suspension myself and am just now really becoming knowledgeable on it. i will let you know about the springs very soon. either way they'll be out and shipped monday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts