Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my first mod im going with is the exhaust system. But which is better, the off-road or reg. bassini??//

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
O/R pipes will give you a louder sound. The bassani's are quite loud just as a cat back alone. Add in the O/R pipes and you will be well over most sound limits (assuming they have one out there). The stock cat back alone I believe is 100+ decibles. I would go with the regular mid pipes since they will make it possible for you to pass inspection. If you want to be slick, you could try out both and just buy their 5 piece modular kit. This kit is an X-Pipe kit with removeable cats. It comes complete with the pipes to clamp in place of the cats turning it into an O/R pipe. It was quite the concept. I think that kit goes for about 750 or so. granted, that is just the mid pipes and you will still need to buy the cat back for another 750 or so.

Here you go chief:
-> Modular X-Pipe with cats AND off road pipes (the $498 one)
-> Stainless Cat Back kit

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay man ill go with the reg pipes then?? But what is that site you gave me with all the sound clips of exhausts??

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
That's right...you go the GT. So you wanted the mustangexhaust.com site. Anyhow, the links for the bassani's I added to my first post are for the GTs...why I did those links and not the sound links beats me. But, about $1200 and you can do everything from the mid pipes back complete. Not too shabby if you ask me. And I think they had free shipping????

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
BX is the cheap "economical" version of their proiducts. Instead of stainless steel parts, they are aluminized. They are the same product just made out of cheaper materials and could possibly rust out over time. I say for the couple hundred extra bucks, get the good stuff.

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
Headers will make the system sound deeper and louder. It wouldn't be a bad idea to get the optimum length headers. If you have the cash, I say go for it. It will certainly help your performance. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I know 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords did a comparison between all of the kits but I don't remember the exact numbers. I know there was a noticible gain. Basically, if you have the money, I say do it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ZimStang said:
christ...
What is up with you people?? Cant i ask questions!! Looks like smurfin is the only one who is helping me out here anyway!! Like we are on Instant Messenger or something. Im sorry I just got my favorite car yesterday and I wanna put the best stuff on it and I have questions about what I want put on!! GEEEZZ:mad:

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I got Bassani SS Catback, if you want I can get you a Sound Clip.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
StangGt804 said:
What is up with you people?? Cant i ask questions!! Looks like smurfin is the only one who is helping me out here anyway!! Like we are on Instant Messenger or something. Im sorry I just got my favorite car yesterday and I wanna put the best stuff on it and I have questions about what I want put on!! GEEEZZ:mad:
I think a lot of the frustration you cause is just that you have asked some very simple questions that could be answered by just searching a little. That's where all the Google is your friend stuff comes from.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I only put the best stuff on my car :)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Save you some money and get Dynomax Ultraflows or Magnaflows. They are both flow thru design and you will pick up some Hp in the process. With a GT both these Mufflers will give you a mean ass growl. Headers are OK but who is going to install them. It will cost you more to have them installed than the headers cost. If you are not somewhat experienced at working on cars with tools headers are a PITA

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
Black95GT said:
I only put the best stuff on my car :)
I think this is the best response as to why to go with Bassani over Dynomax or maggies. Borla and Bassini, IMO, are the best money can buy. You will save some money with the others, but I have always thought maggies had a tinny sound to them. Just my .02

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Smurfin said:
I think this is the best response as to why to go with Bassani over Dynomax or maggies. Borla and Bassini, IMO, are the best money can buy. You will save some money with the others, but I have always thought maggies had a tinny sound to them. Just my .02
Humm well all Porche, Dodge Vipers, and Roush up until 2002 use Dynomax Ultra flow SS mufflers. Dont confuse high price with performance or quality. In 23 years of building cars I have seen no better quality than Dynomax. That does not mean Bassani or Borla are not of equal quality, they are just not any better.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I rather pay once for something good, than twice because I had to replace it.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
well SS Dynomax or Welded Dynomax are made just as good a Bassini or Borla.

I had Dynomax SS Ultraflows for 11 years on a Z-28 without any problems and I lived on the Gulf of Mexico with all the salt air and water

1 - 20 of 46 Posts