Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to Ford Dealer to look at new Mustangs and a 2012 GT caught my eye. Standard GT with stick, Brembo package and 3:73. No other options. Red/stone.
Car has 18,000 miles and is immaculate. Older guy had it and traded for a suv.
Does have Magnaflows. Thinking now of this instead of new.
Can get it for 21K out the door. Fair price ?
What simple mods would you recommend ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sounds like a decent deal, can't beat those miles. I've got a 12 myself and started out with the basics. Cold air intake, short throw, and a tune.

·
Registered
189 Posts
You should be able to

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
900 Posts
Most common complaint is shifting "notchiness" which is due to an incredibly insufficient rear shifter bushing. Most swap out the shifter itself (Steeda, Barton, MGW) which will come with a new bushing and make shifting much more pleasant. Pretty easy swap if you're mechanically inclined at all. I've always suspected that simply upgrading the rear shifter bushing itself would make a world of difference but I swapped the entire shifter too.
A tune (CAI isn't necessary but imo they are cool as hell) will wake the car up and definitely worth the investment in my experience. My first tune I went with Steeda and would recommend them 100%! I use VMP now that I'm supercharged and would also recommend them 100%!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Went to Ford Dealer to look at new Mustangs and a 2012 GT caught my eye. Standard GT with stick, Brembo package and 3:73. No other options. Red/stone.

Thanks.

Question, why are you going with a 12 instead of the new?

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Question, why are you going with a 12 instead of the new?

Because the new mustangs are not so good looking. Because the rear end on a 12 is fantastic looking. Because its modern day muscle looking.

Sent from a non car enthusiast V6 mustang owner's cell phone.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Because the new mustangs are not so good looking. Because the rear end on a 12 is fantastic looking. Because its modern day muscle looking.

+1

·
Registered
547 Posts

Didn't realize I quoted you but since we are at it.. the tail lights of the 10-12 are the ugliest in comparison to 13+. And since we are speaking in opinions the newer mustangs blow our 10-12 style out of the water.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Didn't realize I quoted you but since we are at it.. the tail lights of the 10-12 are the ugliest in comparison to 13+. And since we are speaking in opinions the newer mustangs blow our 10-12 style out of the water.

The 13 to 14 tailights are sheer magnificent.. They are beautiful. The 10-12 taillights are very nice but fall short of the beautiful LED 13-14 tailights.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks.
if you are interested, i have an adult driven 2012 gt premium red with dark brown leather 20k miles - bone stock - great shape

I am looking to sell it for $19k

so you could buy mine private party (no taxes) then pay $500 to have it shipped

if you go to the dealer - with add ons/taxes you are gonna be at $23k - $24k

if you are interested let me know

stock photo -

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
if you are interested, i have an adult driven 2012 gt premium red with dark brown leather 20k miles - bone stock - great shape

I am looking to sell it for $19k

so you could buy mine private party (no taxes) then pay $500 to have it shipped

if you go to the dealer - with add ons/taxes you are gonna be at $23k - $24k

if you are interested let me know

stock photo -

Beautiful pony sir. What's the difference between bone stock and just stock?

·
Registered
900 Posts

Luckily there are aftermarket parts to make them look nicer. And when a light goes out, no need to take out a loan to buy a new one. :D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts