Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to look at a 2000 mustang GT 5speed-manual 86,000 miles for only 6k. I'm gonna meet this guy to look at it and test drive it I was wanting to know if I should look out for anything I know the usual stuff but I don't know if there is anything in perticular I should look for.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Bamman said:
I'm going to look at a 2000 mustang GT 5speed-manual 86,000 miles for only 6k. I'm gonna meet this guy to look at it and test drive it I was wanting to know if I should look out for anything I know the usual stuff but I don't know if there is anything in perticular I should look for.
When I test drove mine. I test drive the **** out of it! Breaking and cornering like crazy. Check that cars fluids, also move the car forward and look if it's leaking on the floor. Check to see if you can hear anything weird under the engine like ticking and what not.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I'm glad were on the same page just checking the usuals. If anything I might end up getting it in the next week of so.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
just look at overall condition, look under it and well as how it was maintained on the inside and how clean the engine is. If its average or dirty (as most are at that age) then you can conclude that it was treated normally nothing special. If its taken care of then it may be worth more of a look as it would mean its well maintained and what not.

I would try to find a car thats not been kept outside either.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SpectorV said:
just look at overall condition, look under it and well as how it was maintained on the inside and how clean the engine is. If its average or dirty (as most are at that age) then you can conclude that it was treated normally nothing special. If its taken care of then it may be worth more of a look as it would mean its well maintained and what not.

I would try to find a car thats not been kept outside either.
Yea, he's stopping by tonight some time and I was trying to figure out what too look for. Is there any questions I should ask aswell?

·
Registered
25 Posts
If I may add.........Hold a dollar bill at the tail pipe, tight so as you don't loose it. If it sucks in you will be looking at a valve job soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts