Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm looking at a 2011 mustang 5.0 of course . Black on black premium 6k miles listed at 27k. After taxes price would be 29k . Wondering what black book value on it is. I want car for 27k otd but I don't think that's possible. It blue books at 27.7 any ideas thanks

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Well I'm looking at a 2011 mustang 5.0 of course . Black on black premium 6k miles listed at 27k. After taxes price would be 29k . Wondering what black book value on it is. I want car for 27k otd but I don't think that's possible. It blue books at 27.7 any ideas thanks
Dealer or private?
Condition of the car?
Also assumed standard trans for Chicago area.

Dealer KBB
Text Font

Private

Text Font

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealer going to look at it tomorrow over a hour away looks clean from pictures . Of course il get under it. Only thing makes me worried is that is has a aftermarket shifter rest is stock and 6k miles to me screams maybe a trans issue car

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Ya it's a stick damn really 25 for very good I think i might be walking into pain lol what would a fair otd price be to you all I was hoping 27 which looking at this sounds fair ?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Dealer going to look at it tomorrow over a hour away looks clean from pictures . Of course il get under it. Only thing makes me worried is that is has a aftermarket shifter rest is stock and 6k miles to me screams maybe a trans issue car
The stock shifter is garbage... Every mustang owner replaces them!!

Not a sign of an issue... As sign of a smart mustang owner.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Ya it's a stick damn really 25 for very good I think i might be walking into pain lol what would a fair otd price be to you all I was hoping 27 which looking at this sounds fair ?
Never hurts to low ball a dealer... Maybe you'll get lucky if they want it off the lot. Hard to say... KBB usually is pretty close. Low mileage car... You won't have much leverage.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya I told her on phone I won't buy a car for over 27 otd and she keeps insisting to come down . Just a hour drive for them to say well we can't let it go for that would piss me off lol . And ya I wouldn't mind a higher mileage car for less then 26 just it's black on black doesn't come up often. Literally going back and forth in my head lol

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Ya I told her on phone I won't buy a car for over 27 otd and she keeps insisting to come down . Just a hour drive for them to say well we can't let it go for that would piss me off lol . And ya I wouldn't mind a higher mileage car for less then 26 just it's black on black doesn't come up often. Literally going back and forth in my head lol
Of course they want you to drive an hour... They they say 28900.

And they know you are less likely to walk away since you are invested in time and travel... Oldest trick in the book.

Your instincts are correct.

Get them to email you a quote or don't even bother.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Might not be idk it's a silver ball with a longer arm or w e you call it I can't copy the pic

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Thanks may have to do that as its a cruise just to look at a car I know il like but they won't give me a price on email it is lol

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
dealers pay low prices so you may have wiggle room, the best way to go is to take up as much time as you can from the sales guy and the general manager etc to tie up all their time so they feel they need to sell this one or feel like they wasted the day lol.

If its private party then you can always try, if people need to get out from under a payment they may sell (near first of the month why make another payment :) )

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Moto111 said:
Where you at, also need zip code. You should have no problem at that price. I personally think its to high.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Out there is 60453 hour away from me . Just not trying to get screwed I want the 5.0 but at right price . Anything above 27otd I might as well look at a 2013 lol

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
But that's private party :( lol I have my trade in as well and don't want to sell it on own it's a pita

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

But damn that car is sexy lol

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
But that's private party :( lol I have my trade in as well and don't want to sell it on own it's a pita

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Carmax... Basically no worse than a dealer... Just a sale without a buying one from them.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Moto111 said:

That was from dealer. I found black book price for you, gonna take a min to type on phone.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Black book for Illinois
Retail
Extra clean $26,165
Clean $25,075

Black book trade in, what they likely paid for car max.

Extra clean $21,875
Clean $20,585
I bought mine December 1, 2012, I seen several in Chicago area for same money as mine.
Search cars.com, auto trader, and the one I like the best, Aol used cars.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Moto111 said:
Where not around here I've looked at every site lol
I live in Indiana drove 3 1/2 hrs to get it. Expand your search to 200 mi.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Aol gets there from cars.com lol and where hell was one for 24k lol so 27 otd is more then fair to ask?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts