Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about some suspension upgrades wondering who has launching springs or shocks and struts or control arms that helped in 1/4 mile et's and by how much. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What all you have done to you're car and what are you're 1/4 mile times
Cold air intake, 75mm tb/p, tb spacer, udp, o/r x-pipe, 93 bama race tune, Clutch, 4.10's, 31 spline axles and differential and Hoosier slicks. Flow master mufflers. Now I have no mufflers (running open midpipe) I go to 1000ft track run a 10.65 I'm guessing a 12.6-12.8 in 1/4.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's preety good if you hit the 12's. what suspension do you have because that plays a role
i have completely stock suspension. thats why i want to see whats out there and what would help me lower my 1/4 mile et

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
One of the quickest NA GTs i know runs cut springs... which makes sense seeing how they transfer weight so nicely...added drag bags of course...F8L GT on MM

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One of the quickest NA GTs i know runs cut springs... which makes sense seeing how they transfer weight so nicely...added drag bags of course
How much were they cut off in rear and front?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
If i recall he is running 1.5 coils off the front and no coils off the back to give the back plenty of room when it launches. He may have cut some from them since i last talked to him but doubtful with his big slicks

·
Registered
535 Posts
LCA's will help with wheel hop, it's bushings that do it. Stock bushings are rubber and cause binding. A panhard bar also helps with binding and wheel hop. Have you done weight reduction?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If i recall he is running 1.5 coils off the front and no coils off the back to give the back plenty of room when it launches. He may have cut some from them since i last talked to him but doubtful with his big slicks
So he cut of 1.5inches in front and none in rear on stock springs.?

I have done lots of weight reduction. I have slicks also.

And with all this it should help my times go down..? I also found Lakewood drag struts and shocks for 150. 70/30 struts and 50/50 shocks. Good deal?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
well after looking his newer pics over it looks like he's probably cut about a coil off the back since the last time i've seen it

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is he running with any sway bars?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LCA's will help with wheel hop, it's bushings that do it. Stock bushings are rubber and cause binding. A panhard bar also helps with binding and wheel hop. Have you done weight reduction?
Yes I've done lots of weight reduction. I record my races and after doing a hard launch I see my car rocking hard like its bad thinking some suspension mods would help. And I'm gutting my car and hopefully delete my steering wheel pump and ac condenser, for the new drag racing season.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts