Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for information or a book that explains the complete exhaust system on my 2013 V6 Premium.

Is there Mustang Book for Dummies?

Thanks. :banana:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
More good information on this Forum then in A book

Read enough posts on this Forum and you will be an Exhaust Knowledgeable expert. Plus if you have A question I'm sure you will find the answer. There is not A lot to really know except how loud "YOU" want to be. Do you want to weld in mufflers or do you want bolt in axlebacks? There are a lot of different mufflers and they all sound different. Go to You-Tube and listen to some 2011 up V6 Mustangs that already changed their mufflers. There is NO absolute best. There is just that the one's you like will be the best for you.

Ronnie

·
Registered
108 Posts
I agree .. Go based on what you like.. Everyone will have different opinions. I have Roush and I like it.. Some ppl find it too raspy and loud .. Careful with videos they do sound different in person.. I would find someone in the area that has a setup and ask of you can meet and listen

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, you are correct BlackedStang.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bad back and my fat A** make that very unlikely.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i heard from AM on the phone that the stock v6 2013 piping is 2.5 inches like the ones that come with catback exhausts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
What are you needing to know? You've got 2 exhaust manifolds, running into a mid-pipe with 2 cats, which hits a psuedo x-pipe, then goes down and over the rear axle, where the axle-back attaches your factory mufflers. The exhaust is one of the simplest parts of the whole car.

Also, besides some interior and wheel options, I dont think mentioning you have a premium has an impact on any of the running gear.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
What are you needing to know? You've got 2 exhaust manifolds, running into a mid-pipe with 2 cats, which hits a psuedo x-pipe, then goes down and over the rear axle, where the axle-back attaches your factory mufflers. The exhaust is one of the simplest parts of the whole car.

Also, besides some interior and wheel options, I dont think mentioning you have a premium has an impact on any of the running gear.
His mentioning that he has a premium model does not warrant you making a negative remark about it.

Please keep remarks civil and on topic.

NewMtang, Go to our site sponsor (Link >) American Muscle and look up exhaust parts for your car, that should give you a good idea as to what the system is comprised of and how it fits together.
Or you can Google (Link >) 2013 Mustang V6 Exhaust

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank You Very Much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts