Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have Roush axle backs and a high flow catted h pipe and although I like the way it sounds it is very loud and don't want my neighbors to complain even though they never have before and I've had an exhaust on my car for more than 2 years now, but if I do switch axle backs I want something that's just a little quieter under 3K RPMS and have a deeper throatier exhaust note all the way through the RPM range. Although I don't want something that quiet either. If the Roush with the high flow cat h pipe is a 9/10 I want maybe a 7 or 8/10 on volume, I've seen a lot of people do GT500s but I've heard them in person and they're way too quiet. I'm considering MBRP Race exhaust, Bassani Street Race axle backs, Borla S types, Ford Racing Sports, and Kooks. The 2 I am most interested in is the Bassani and S types, although I just think the Bassani may be a little too quiet for me but I have never heard them in person. I know a bunch of people post exhaust threads and yes I have already researched them and couldn't find the exact answer I'm looking for. If you're just gona complain on here that I started an exhaust thread just save yourself the time. However if you have some helpful feedback and insight please let me know.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Is there a Mustang tuner shop or custom exhaust place near you? You might ask either of those what exhausts they have installed on customer's cars, ask if they might contact their customer(s) and give them your contact information........if you can listen live to an exhaust on a car exactly like yours, I agree, it will give you a lot better idea than all of the YouTube videos of Mustang exhausts that are all over the place on quality.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have Roush axle backs and a high flow catted h pipe and although I like the way it sounds it is very loud and don't want my neighbors to complain even though they never have before and I've had an exhaust on my car for more than 2 years now, but if I do switch axle backs I want something that's just a little quieter under 3K RPMS and have a deeper throatier exhaust note all the way through the RPM range. Although I don't want something that quiet either. If the Roush with the high flow cat h pipe is a 9/10 I want maybe a 7 or 8/10 on volume, I've seen a lot of people do GT500s but I've heard them in person and they're way too quiet. I'm considering MBRP Race exhaust, Bassani Street Race axle backs, Borla S types, Ford Racing Sports, and Kooks. The 2 I am most interested in is the Bassani and S types, although I just think the Bassani may be a little too quiet for me but I have never heard them in person. I know a bunch of people post exhaust threads and yes I have already researched them and couldn't find the exact answer I'm looking for. If you're just gona complain on here that I started an exhaust thread just save yourself the time. However if you have some helpful feedback and insight please let me know.

I have borla s type with a lethal performance o/r h pipe. To me it is a hair to loud. I am looking to sell my s type and go with either borla touring or ford racing touring which is made by borla. I never heard bassani but the borla do sound awesome.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have borla s type with a lethal performance o/r h pipe. To me it is a hair to loud. I am looking to sell my s type and go with either borla touring or ford racing touring which is made by borla. I never heard bassani but the borla do sound awesome.
I think I'm gona buy a set of borla s types, if you're selling yours I may be interested in buying

·
Registered
582 Posts
S types sound great but they are still loud with an offroad H. Maybe try some gt500 axlebacks or borla touring

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
S types sound great but they are still loud with an offroad H. Maybe try some gt500 axlebacks or borla touring
I said in the description GT500s are way too quiet and so are tourings, I know the description is long understandable if you didn't read the whole thing. I'm not looking for something quiet, just 1 notch lower than roush, still want it to scream at WOT and be heard from a decent ways away when I want to be. Just need something a little quieter under 3K RPMs, thats my only issue with the Roush. It just always sounds like a monster whether or not you're on the gas. Based on what I've heard the S types are probably what I'm looking for, something a little quieter than the Roush but still pretty loud when you go WOT, but again I don't want something quiet, just slightly quieter and deeper than Roush

·
Registered
582 Posts
I said in the description GT500s are way too quiet and so are tourings, I know the description is long understandable if you didn't read the whole thing. I'm not looking for something quiet, just 1 notch lower than roush, still want it to scream at WOT and be heard from a decent ways away when I want to be. Just need something a little quieter under 3K RPMs, thats my only issue with the Roush. It just always sounds like a monster whether or not you're on the gas. Based on what I've heard the S types are probably what I'm looking for, something a little quieter than the Roush but still pretty loud when you go WOT, but again I don't want something quiet, just slightly quieter and deeper than Roush
Ah ok, i just thought you wanted something quieter. I admit I didn't read the whole thing, sorry :p

Yes sounds like s-types are just what you want.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah ok, i just thought you wanted something quieter. I admit I didn't read the whole thing, sorry :p

Yes sounds like s-types are just what you want.
It's all good man no worries haha... I think they are what I'm looking for that or Bassani. Going to a car meet this weekend hopefully I can find some other 5.0s with both which will help me decide

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have Borla S-Types with offroad H pipe. It's probably quite a bit louder than what you're going for, but you should get a similar sound just quieter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-qZATt_BU0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FaguJGP4Ag
Those sound nice! Doubt they're too loud. Like I said I like it loud, just want something a little deeper and throatier under 3K RPMS than roush. At WOT I want the car to scream like a bat out of hell, but my issue with the roush is even driving normally it's loud and I don't want my neighbors to hate my guts lol

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have kooks headers with their offroad h and lethal OAP with no res and I'm switching over to bassani axlebacks.

If you want to give kooks axlebacks a try them I am selling them. They are definitely a lil quieter and deep throughout

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
188 Posts
I know you don't want the Gt500's but I had roush at first also, great sound but after going offload H pipe it was way too loud. I put the GT500's on and yes they are quiter but they are sometimes just as loud as the roushes with the cats on. So if u are going offload H pipe GT500 sound great with them.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Issue is gt500 tend to sound more tin can like from my experience

·
Registered
188 Posts
I wouldn't describe them as tin can like at all, in my understanding tin can like is high pitch rasp but the gt500's with offload H are deep and throaty

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Issue is gt500 tend to sound more tin can like from my experience

I kind of agree with this, under normal driving they sound pretty deep but under WOT with a high flow mid pipe they sound tin cannish and they aren't that loud which is why I want to stay away from them.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I found the Mac axle backs to have a deep tone and not overly loud, I heard them on another mustang and had to get them......sexy deep rumble. And they don't cost 600.00.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think the Macs will be too quiet. Again I'm not looking for something a lot quieter than what I have now, just something that is like a 8/10 compared to roush 9/10 in terms of volume, mainly just to be a little quieter under 3K rpms. At Wot and when I get on it I want it to scream, I think Borla S types are going to be the winner here, I will probably find out a more exact answer at the car meet because some other 5.0s should be there with different exhaust setups.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts