Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Also look at bassani cause that's what I just bought. Hence the sale of my kooks axlebacks

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Also look at bassani cause that's what I just bought. Hence the sale of my kooks axlebacks

This is one axle back I have been heavily considering. I've heard the tone is awesome but it does have some drone. I also am not sure if Bassani is quite loud enough, its really hard to tell through videos

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have the MBRP catback with an off road H pipe. I love the way it sounds and have gotten plenty of compliments on it. Nice deep tone and very good price

·
Super Moderator
17,936 Posts
I think I saw a movie called "deeper throatier" recently...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I don't know if the h pipe and cats broke in or I just got used to it but as loud as it is I like it more now lol, if I get a ticket or complaints for my exhaust I would probably swap it out for something quieter but I actually have grown to like it a lot over the past week or so, I'm just gona stick with it for now. Although if I had to swap it out I would probably get Borla S types because after a lot of research that seems to be the best medium in terms of volume tone and drone.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have you looked into Magnaflow? I've watched a few Youtubes with them on Stangs and they sounded good. Doesn't apply too much to your situation but I had a pair of magnaflows on my 97 dodge Dakota, 5.2L v8 and it sounded awesome. Was very happy with the magnaflows on that truck.

·
Super Moderator
17,936 Posts
Magnaflows sound great. So do Dynomax Ultra Flows. I actually like them better.

The straight thru mufflers (Magnaflow, Dynomax Ultra/Super, Bassanni etc...) will get louder as they are used more. The chambered ones like Flows do not.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have Roush axle backs and a high flow catted h pipe and although I like the way it sounds it is very loud and don't want my neighbors to complain even though they never have before and I've had an exhaust on my car for more than 2 years now, but if I do switch axle backs I want something that's just a little quieter under 3K RPMS and have a deeper throatier exhaust note all the way through the RPM range. Although I don't want something that quiet either. If the Roush with the high flow cat h pipe is a 9/10 I want maybe a 7 or 8/10 on volume, I've seen a lot of people do GT500s but I've heard them in person and they're way too quiet. I'm considering MBRP Race exhaust, Bassani Street Race axle backs, Borla S types, Ford Racing Sports, and Kooks. The 2 I am most interested in is the Bassani and S types, although I just think the Bassani may be a little too quiet for me but I have never heard them in person. I know a bunch of people post exhaust threads and yes I have already researched them and couldn't find the exact answer I'm looking for. If you're just gona complain on here that I started an exhaust thread just save yourself the time. However if you have some helpful feedback and insight please let me know.
What mid pipe are you running?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
What mid pipe are you running?
JBA 3 inch to 2.75 inch H pipe with Pypes high flow metallic cats welded in. After getting used to the setup it isn't loud enough for me lol, don't get me wrong it is a loud setup for sure, I've gone to meets where some people are running cat less and its louder than their cars. It is like 5% quieter than Roush with an O/R H pipe and slightly less raspy but you can't hear a huge difference. I am considering deleting resonators and maybe switching to Ataks, Extremes, or Magnaflow comp quad tip or just keeping the roush and cutting the resonators.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry if this has been said already but maybe gt500 and delete resonators. That may get you where you want to be.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks! I have roush axlebacks right now...debating if I go with the JBA Catted 3-2.75" if it will make a difference in sound over the stock h-pipe?

JBA 3 inch to 2.75 inch H pipe with Pypes high flow metallic cats welded in. After getting used to the setup it isn't loud enough for me lol, don't get me wrong it is a loud setup for sure, I've gone to meets where some people are running cat less and its louder than their cars. It is like 5% quieter than Roush with an O/R H pipe and slightly less raspy but you can't hear a huge difference. I am considering deleting resonators and maybe switching to Ataks, Extremes, or Magnaflow comp quad tip or just keeping the roush and cutting the resonators.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Sorry if this has been said already but maybe gt500 and delete resonators. That may get you where you want to be.

lol it has been said but it's all good, I got used to the Roush n I actually want it louder now so def not looking to go quieter haha

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks! I have roush axlebacks right now...debating if I go with the JBA Catted 3-2.75" if it will make a difference in sound over the stock h-pipe?
Oh yeah it makes it louder for sure, like 15-20% louder and the tone gets much more aggressive, under 3K it isnt a ton louder (but it is a bit louder) but it has a much more raw tone. Above 3K it screams. Trust me I had the same hesitations as you and I didn't want to do it because I thought high flow cats wouldn't make any difference but trust me they do. It crackles and pops more too if you care about that, but personally I like backfire so that's not a problem for me lol.

·
Registered
41 Posts
LOL! Ordering today! thanks!

Oh yeah it makes it louder for sure, like 15-20% louder and the tone gets much more aggressive, under 3K it isnt a ton louder (but it is a bit louder) but it has a much more raw tone. Above 3K it screams. Trust me I had the same hesitations as you and I didn't want to do it because I thought high flow cats wouldn't make any difference but trust me they do. It crackles and pops more too if you care about that, but personally I like backfire so that's not a problem for me lol.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
LOL! Ordering today! thanks!
Haha there you go! I know you won't regret it lol... I got a Bama 93 race tune as well with mine I'm not sure if you already have or plan to, but the high flow cats throw a CEL. But I think you will be pleased with the results, I may delete res as well just because I want it to be real loud lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is no tune required if I just use the h-pipe without the down pipes right? Not looking to tune yet (warranty thru 2019)

Haha there you go! I know you won't regret it lol... I got a Bama 93 race tune as well with mine I'm not sure if you already have or plan to, but the high flow cats throw a CEL. But I think you will be pleased with the results, I may delete res as well just because I want it to be real loud lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Be the guinea pig for me!! Throw some Dynomax race bullets on there in place of the stock resonators and let me know how it turns out! The little I've come across says it should give it a deeper tone, less rasp. I'd have to imagine sound would increase a little as well going up in size too, right??

21 - 39 of 39 Posts