Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find a Driver Side Ford Mustang Door? My car was recently in an accident, and I need to find a silver door to match my 2001 ford mustang door. I know there are salvaged vehicles out there that they piece off and sell the parts individually, but where? My car is silver and it’s a 2001 ford mustang. I live in California, So anything near the bay area or somewhere down south that will ship it to me. Please help me. Thank you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Use the yellow pages and check the local salvage yards. You may get lucky and find one the same color.

I've had good luck buying used parts from eBay. I was able to get them to match.

I've also used Car Parts Wholesale, see link below. These will be new parts.

New body parts are not usually pre-painted to match your car. They usually come with a coating intended to be painted to match after they are installed.

A word of caution from experience. Silver is the hardest color to match. I have even seen where different batches from the same paint manufacturer didn't match. A used part may not have weathered the same and may not match.

Your best bet would be to have a good body shop try to match the paint. The new color match systems are pretty good, but don't expect miracles.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Go to CAR-PART.COM and fill in the blanks and you will find what you need. You can search calif or west coast. Most place's have a deliver service or a hand off delivery . Try it and see what you think..P

1 - 3 of 3 Posts