Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking for some help selecting an exhaust for my 99 Cobra. After all the research I have done, I'm thinking of getting X-Pipe with some type of cat back. I was also considering the bamma tuner for American muscle. Question, what's type of power gains can I see from a set up like this. How much more could I see from a full system (long headers).

Wanting the car to be loud, but not overly aggressive. Want to be able to roll up the windows and still hear my stereo. I have about $1,500 to spend, but could wait and save up to achieve a better set up. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Hey guys, looking for some help selecting an exhaust for my 99 Cobra. After all the research I have done, I'm thinking of getting X-Pipe with some type of cat back. I was also considering the bamma tuner for American muscle. Question, what's type of power gains can I see from a set up like this. How much more could I see from a full system (long headers).

Wanting the car to be loud, but not overly aggressive. Want to be able to roll up the windows and still hear my stereo. I have about $1,500 to spend, but could wait and save up to achieve a better set up. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
You'll definitely pick up more power if you run Long tubes all the way back. However, if you go with a catless mid pipe it is going to be very loud! It will sound awesome but I just want you to be aware of how loud that type of set up can be. I'd recommend checking out some videos on our website and YouTube and see what catches your ear the most!

You could always go with an O/R X and a SLP or Borla catback. Those are going to be your two loudest systems! As far as power goes, a tuner is usually good for about 25+RWHP and 25+RWTQ on any 4V Mustang. The more mods you add, the bigger these gains will be :)!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Nothing like o/r x pipe long tubes and muffler less, :RTW:

·
Registered
229 Posts
My buddy has a cobra built out the a$$ and it dynoed at 790 hp and it actually lost power on the dyno with long tubes and shorties he put stock manifolds back on and the car picked back up and this is DYNO PROVEN!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
That's freaking monstrous man

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yea that cars mo joke man i was driving it on the interstate in 6th gear goin 75 and matted it and it left ab a 50 ft black mark behind me in the rear view mirror lol!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the bassani and cat-back is the way I'm going to go. My price range is going to keep me from installing headers right now if I want to tune, which I do. So now the question is chatted/ no-cat X-Pipe. Also, If I install the Bamma tuner (plug n play) version, can I still go to a professional tuner and use this unit? Or is this only good for email maps? Thanks

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
03whitey said:
Yea that cars mo joke man i was driving it on the interstate in 6th gear goin 75 and matted it and it left ab a 50 ft black mark behind me in the rear view mirror lol!!
...you need to read cobra bob's site. Wot in 6th is a bad idea

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yea for a stock car that car is set up and tuned right i mean its so nasty you cant drive it everyday it runs 6.60s on 1/8th mile

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Go with borla, even though it costs more than the average cat back, you will not be disappointed. And you have a cobra so why not put the best stuff in it?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
03whitey said:
Yea for a stock car that car is set up and tuned right i mean its so nasty you cant drive it everyday it runs 6.60s on 1/8th mile
...whats done to it

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hes got a kenne bell blowzilla supercharger on it fully built bottom n top end kenne bell boost a pump just all kinds of stuff hes got over 40,000 in the car.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
03whitey said:
Hes got a kenne bell blowzilla supercharger on it fully built bottom n top end kenne bell boost a pump just all kinds of stuff hes got over 40,000 in the car.
Ah...not a stock car lol.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Lol yea man far from stock lol its runnin 6.60s on 8th mile track blowin the tires off its BAD, and its a street car lol shiftin 3rd to 4th and its lookin for the ditch lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts