Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site, so i'm sure you have already answered this question before.I have a 04 mustang V6, right now it's stock. My car is a daily driver and I have no plans on racing it, but I would like to make some performance mods.So far all I've bought is a Borla side exhaust from Ford Racing,but I haven't put it on yet.I plan on purchasing a cold air intake from MAC also.My questions are:

1. When I buy a CAI from MAC which one do you guys recommend one wo/mas or one w/mas?
2. Do I need a larger TB or can I just stay with my stock one?
3. My exhaust kit replaces exhaust from the cats back. A lot of people would have probably told me to do the true dual exhaust. Will mine work okay or should I have gone the other route?
4. Finally what are some of your ideas and opinnions on which performance mods I should do?

Thanks you guys

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
1. ebay cold air will do u fine, same thing
2. larger TB works best when you have done your manifolds
3. off road pipes do remove cats
4. look into rear gears, 3.73 or 4.10 with trac lock

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
You could still run true duals. Just get a muffler shop to make 2 pipes that will run from your cats to your exhaust, no Y pipe. Not very hard to do at all as long as you don't mind part of your new exhaust getting cut off lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks thats some good info, but I'm a little reluctant to cut on my new exhaust. This is probably a dumb question to ask and i'm sure none of you would recommend it, but Is there a company that makes Y-pipes with high performance cats

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
They make Y pipe kits, and for a stock car the performance is nearly the same, if you plan to mod it more than a couple bolt ons I would recommend buying a dual exhaust adapter and having a gt cat back (oem take off) bolted up (since it will bolt up if you use the adapter)

V6 exhaust is anything but expensive also, and there is nothing really to it... you could buy a new Catted Y pipe for VERY VERY cheap.

I recommend going with GT take off exhaust cuz its cheap/looks great/stainless tips = no rust as chrome would rust right though in NO time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right now the only mods I plan on doing are bolt ons. So as far as the dual exhaust adapter and GT cat back bolt up go should I just stay with my stock Y- pipe and cats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts