Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current family hauler (2009 Jeep Liberty 4x4 Sport) is having some issues that I've hit a point I need to consider a truck/SUV. Finances are good and I am mechanically inclined, my issue is time with work, family and a house along with two other vehicles (2014 FBO 3.7/6spd mustang, 2013 Corolla) so having to constantly tweak or worry about the Jeep is a problem, especially as its our main family vehicle.

Looking at crew cab full-size 4x4 trucks from the big three (ford, GM, and dodge) and I am having a hard time where to look and how to look as it seems financing and leasing trucks is all over the place. I'm looking at full-size because I want room and based on what I read, I don't fit into smaller trucks (6'5") like a Tacoma.

What would you recommend for someone that is trying to lease because I have 3 vehicles to spread out an average of 15k a year across already and don't really want to commit long-term to a truck because family needs could change? Ideally a 250-450/month payment or less would be preferred or walking out in the $40k range or less.

The nicest things I would like would be 4 doors, nice comfortable ride, 4x4, heated seats, a touchscreen radio with navigation/backup cam, and HID/LED head lights and fog lights and that's it. Even if the radio didn't have navigation but a way to load apps, that would be sufficient as well. Don't care about towing at this point, just simple utility for housework and safety for the family, should have decent power but don't want it to be faster than my 3.7 mustang.

I've also considered a 4Runner but Toyota doesn't lease 4 runners well at the moment and the Tacoma apparently is too small for 6 5" people (me) as I've been told.

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
Go drive a F150.
Since you are considering a lease, it really doesn't matter which engine that you choose, but for long-term ownership beyond the warranty period, I would recommend only purchasing a Coyote-powered truck.
I'm not sure if $40k will be enough to get the truck that you describe though....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts