Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I have so far, and under the hood I have a cold air intake and pypes shorties, let me know what you think would help performance and look good. On a reasonable budget haha

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
GT rear bumper or dump the exhaust.
New grille(personally I hate the small fog lights)
New front bumper or chin spoiler, needs a more mean look, tint the windows dark dark(again personal)
Drop it 1.5"-1.75"
Gloss Black Saleens 18x9 and 18x10
Maybe some louvers and side scoops.

Performance
LTs
H-pipe or X
And choice of mufflers
Cam, P/P Heads and intake
Tuner
CAI
T B and spacer
Supercharger or Turbo
Under Drive Pullies
T-Lok and gears.

List of stuff u can do^

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice man, I was thinking a chin spoiler too, and maybe the 3d carbon rear bumper cuz I'm not a huge fan of the gt on the v6

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Atrav83 said:
Thanks for the advice man, I was thinking a chin spoiler too, and maybe the 3d carbon rear bumper cuz I'm not a huge fan of the gt on the v6
I have a friend with a rear bumper. Ur year, his looks sick. Lemme find a pic?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Don't waste money upgrading your rear end if u do plan on boosting ur car buy a 05-12 8.8 rear end it's a direct replacement an I would recommend a one piece aluminum drive shaft along with all the other basilica bolt on an I have Mac Lt headers they make the 6 sound like a Honda personally

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Atrav83 said:
That'd be sweet thanks man
Can't find it

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Wmcgrattan said:
Don't waste money upgrading your rear end if u do plan on boosting ur car buy a 05-12 8.8 rear end it's a direct replacement an I would recommend a one piece aluminum drive shaft along with all the other basilica bolt on an I have Mac Lt headers they make the 6 sound like a Honda personally
I've heard that LTs on the 05-09 4.0s just aren't great sounding.
I dont understand why?
I've heard LTs and O/R mid and flow 40s on a 3.8/3.9l engine and it sounds great but can u explain why the sound diff on the two years?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I disagree on that, I've heard a 2005-2009 with LTs and it sounds hella good, you just need a tune to bring it together

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got halos, they're exactly like the ccfl ones for the headlights but smaller, they were a ***** to put in but the overall product I'm happy with

·
Registered
488 Posts
Atrav83 said:
Yeai have pacsetters in my garage waiting to be put on haha
I was going to get pacesetter lt headers but am an other websites had bad reviews on them saying that the quality was bad an the rust really fast so I got the Mac lt headers which r wider in diameter hints the ricer sound which I agree with I don't like them at all but I just put my pypes shorty headers back on but I have a friend with a 07 v6 with the pacesetter lt with the magnaflow catback an it sounds decent but the headers r rusting by the x pipe pretty bad an he's had them for only 8 months

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
I've just got shorties stock cats and pipe. I like it. No mufflers.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've never really heard of pacesetters doing that. I like my pypes Shorty headers and flow masters I just want it a little louder

1 - 20 of 51 Posts