Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Gas mileage and power is the perfect combo for me.. Being in the city traffic suck and when there isn't traffic I could have fun with it... Try to get the sync package with it

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
What you like about it and what option or mods do you have? What was your previous car
Fastest V6 ever lol when u get the mustang opt in for the comfort package you will love it! I have so many mods but I would tell you to go to AmericanMuscle.com and click on their V6 project car!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Gas mileage and power is the perfect combo for me.. Being in the city traffic suck and when there isn't traffic I could have fun with it... Try to get the sync package with it
100% agree, its fun but I do wish i had Sync in my car

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Oh, also note the Mustang smashes all of its competitors.

challenger - a joke
Camaro - decent, but costs more, lesser quality, worse performance
hi un di - no where close

Z is also not in the same range, a good car, but way over priced. What you get in a Mustang is great, for a grand or two more, and for the 22 and change, it really is a bargain. On my opinion, at least.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Oh, also note the Mustang smashes all of its competitors.

challenger - a joke
Camaro - decent, but costs more, lesser quality, worse performance
hi un di - no where close

Z is also not in the same range, a good car, but way over priced. What you get in a Mustang is great, for a grand or two more, and for the 22 and change, it really is a bargain. On my opinion, at least.
Are you talking about the new genesis there?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
In the same price range, the new Genesis you can only get the 4 banger turbo. Less hp, less performance. The 3.8 version is priced the same as the GTs.

370Z... priced the same as the GT cars, once again.

The Mustang is the best product for the money from an performance perspective. Faster than anything else in the low 20k price range, with mostly V8 running gear (trans/diff), and a huge aftermarket that even the Camaro can't claim since a ton of '05+ parts fit the '11+ cars.

My previous car was a '10 Malibu, one before it is in my sig and still going strong... boosted V6, yum.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Seabiscuit said:
Are you talking about the new genesis there?
Yepp. When I was researching what I wanted to get, new 2012/2013 front rear under 35k manual powerful while efficient, I looked into them. I was extremely disappointed, not just in poor performance and high price, but reviews from actual owners showed nothing but complaints. Things breaking, rattling, all kinds of problems.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'll get torn for saying this but the pp is the only option worth ordering if you ask me. It's a muscle car, so who needs all the gadgets, enjoy the drive. Pp gets better rims,tires and springs, brakes, strut braces, and best of all the gearing is much better.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'll get torn for saying this but the pp is the only option worth ordering if you ask me. It's a muscle car, so who needs all the gadgets, enjoy the drive. Pp gets better rims,tires and springs, brakes, strut braces, and best of all the gearing is much better.
All those gadgets and stuff are worth it... When you driving and you need make a call or text someone it's dangerously to do with your actual phone... So you press one button and tell the car to do it for you!

·
Registered
371 Posts
You wont be disappointed with a new v6 I test drove the gt and it was awsome but since I work full time and I am a full time college student I saw no point in 300 plus more on a gt with gas insurance and stuff. It is my first truly my own car. You will love it and I suggest a standard even more fun and power first thibgs to do is a cai and if you want an sct tuner from American muscle. My 6 with just a cai beats older 2010 and down gt and ws6 trans am at the track like if it was a piece if cake.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
I had to choose between a 12 v6 and an 08 gt premium

I took the new v6
It's interior is much better designed IMO, and the only power difference is in torque which can be made up with a few mods

·
Registered
809 Posts
alrefire said:
I had to choose between a 12 v6 and an 08 gt premium

I took the new v6
It's interior is much better designed IMO, and the only power difference is in torque which can be made up with a few mods
I had to make the same decision and also went with the 12 v6 as well. I don't regret that decision at all however I do wish I had spent more time looking for a performance pack equipped stang. I can't really complain though, I got a smoking deal on the mustang I did buy.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I had to make the same decision and also went with the 12 v6 as well. I don't regret that decision at all however I do wish I had spent more time looking for a performance pack equipped stang. I can't really complain though, I got a smoking deal on the mustang I did buy.
Great, I got an amazing deal for mine to, the performance package I think its over rated just wheel and suspension package. Which I think considering the price of the pkg I couls get much better wheels tires and suspension.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Great, I got an amazing deal for mine to, the performance package I think its over rated just wheel and suspension package. Which I think considering the price of the pkg I couls get much better wheels tires and suspension.
In my eye's the big plus to the performance pack is the difference in gearing. base and premium v6 come with the 2.33's (correct me if im wrong) and the performance pack comes with 3.23 gears in the rear. I looked at trading for one but it just is not worth it. After all, now i can just go with 3.73 gears like I really want.

·
Registered
371 Posts
In my eye's the big plus to the performance pack is the difference in gearing. base and premium v6 come with the 2.33's (correct me if im wrong) and the performance pack comes with 3.23 gears in the rear. I looked at trading for one but it just is not worth it. After all, now i can just go with 3.73 gears like I really want.
True forgot about the gears, the base 6 comes' ith 2.73 the perfomance does take off a little faster but not that big from what ived heard 3.73 are best for our v6 and dont loose much mpg.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts