Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a guy offering his 97 GT for $4500 with 136 000km (roughly 75000 miles)... I understand the 97 and 98 were the slowest production GT's out there.

Any advice around this one? Is the price in line or any mechanical issues that I should be aware of- thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yea that's a good price! u should get it and spend another $1500 if u can and do a pi swap and you a little faster then the 99/04 gt's

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
seems like an ok price. i would go for a 01-04 gt if possible. they look better and run better stock for stock

·
Registered
535 Posts
97 will look better then a new edge( joining the other bias people). If you can talk him down and do a pi swap then I would go that route.

·
Registered
991 Posts
... before you buy a 4500 dollar car just to put another 1500 in to keep up with new edges, you should consider a Cobra in the same year range. With patience one can be found near the cost of that GT with a head swap but you'll be faster, look better, and have the prestige of the Cobra name.

·
Registered
813 Posts
... before you buy a 4500 dollar car just to put another 1500 in to keep up with new edges, you should consider a Cobra in the same year range. With patience one can be found near the cost of that GT with a head swap but you'll be faster, look better, and have the prestige of the Cobra name.
And he is right^

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Mannn my location is expensive..almost any dealer in my area you can't touch a new edge GT for under 8k even with 100k miles

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Mannn my location is expensive..almost any dealer in my area you can't touch a new edge GT for under 8k even with 100k miles
damn . new edge gt's go for like 5500 tops here. my lil bro just bought a 5 speed 01 gt for just 4500 good shape good paint new stage 2 clutch and everything. just needs a radio

·
Registered
410 Posts
Loans already down to 8K and not even a year old yet, so hopefully will be paid off long before 5 years. And yeah I looked at 05-09 styles but hate the body style of them so wanted an 04.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Loans already down to 8K and not even a year old yet, so hopefully will be paid off long before 5 years. And yeah I looked at 05-09 styles but hate the body style of them so wanted an 04.
That's good a couple years and you can have it paid off. We're you set on a gt, idk about prices in you're area but you could maybe looked into a mach or cobra 99-01 or maybe even a termi

1 - 20 of 35 Posts