Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D guy on 3.8mustang selling his DVD/TV Tuner for 80 shipped...sounds like a pretty good offer. I may opt for a flip out screen only for the dash, or a 4" monitor if i can find out.

Get the fm modulator and get the sound for dvd, wire up monitor and video from dvd to monitor, can even put the antenna on the dvd for the TV, but I really just plant to watch DVD's

Should I go for that DVD?

THen what monitor should I get? HOnestly I don't care about brand name its just going to flip out for DVD's...when I eat or something or drive far. (wanna make it cheap but have it there :) )

Ebay or what????
What is a good RCA conductor?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've always considered something cheap like this -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3086035923&category=48609. Only $149. My headunit has aux inputs, so I'd easily wire those into my headunit, and then possibly mount my Xbox somewhere in my car and use that for DVD's and games. Maybe buy some wireless controllers or a long extention. Will a 6 inch monitor be able to flip out and fit in the second (lower) din slot of my car? Or will I have to move my headunit to the lower spot, and put the monitor in the upper?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good links! that first one looks ok for what i need it for. If my headunit doesn't have the aux section, i can buy the fm modulator and then use that right?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
i wouldnt buy a cheap in-dash screen off ebay. i would spend the money erick and buy a name brand you know will come with a warrenty. i have heard of those cheap screens going out after about a month and then looking inside and seeing free wires just hanging around in there.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i read that you put that. Your the only one i have heard say that. I would want to spend the money...but hell they are WAY TOO MUCH! :(

I am going to try to get an alpine with brain for about 400 or so off ebay.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If thats a flip out and i think it is, the reason why it is so cheap is because the motor will be cheap. The motors on flipouts if you dont have a good system stop working and/or start doing funky stuff. And then u also have to take picture quality into consideration. With car video is its cheap then its ****. Sorry. Bst thing to do is save the money and spend it on a nice system that will work well!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
man, that A/F ratio rocks!!!! ::sarcasm:: :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts