Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So ive been wanting to get into auto cross racing:)

I did suspension mods to my old sixer just for fun but on my new 2000 sixer i want to get more serious with the suspension mods and get into some competitive autox. Theres a local track in my city that lets you practice for $20 a session so imma start buy going there to practice then when i get better i want to get into comps. Ive looked into the rules and classes already for the auto x they hold by me and id be in a class 10 that competes with class 9 with 3 free mod points. There are some mods that dont give points and some that do. For every 3 points i get bumped to a higher class.

The first thing i have going on is a set of prokit eibach spings.

What would you guys suggest for a good autox/street build for my ride that would be the best. what is the best parts and places to get the best bang for my buck?

Also any tips that would be helpful?


And heres a photo of my new car:)

ForumRunner_20130121_152147.png
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,634 Posts
I would consider upgrading to a more aggressive brake pad, I would also look into camber bolts/ plates and add some negative camber to aid in turn in. Subframe connectors are a good investment also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have nice tires already but i wanna get another set for back up, and nice the springs i have only give a 1.5 drop would i need cc plates?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,133 Posts
Coilovers or springs and shocks with cc plates, like Bullitt said some good rubber, some good breaks, sway bars, strut tower. I also had a k member which was very helpful
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,634 Posts
I run camber bolts and my set up is pretty competitive in my class. Unless you want to add caster, bolts are just fine. You don't need them for a gently driven daily driver, but you will want more negative camber if you want to be competitive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bullitt1075 said:
I run camber bolts and my set up is pretty competitive in my class. Unless you want to add caster, bolts are just fine. You don't need them for a gently driven daily driver, but you will want more negative camber if you want to be competitive.
Okay i get you, i think camber bolts would be fine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,311 Posts
I also checked the scca rules and id be in the g-stock class
correct...i've been reading up as well because i plan to start running SCCA events this year in KY. so far on my sixxer i've added a couple things i'm hopeing will help out from stiffer ride, to better brakes...the last thing i plan to do before the events start is some FLSFCs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
1slosix said:
correct...i've been reading up as well because i plan to start running SCCA events this year in KY. so far on my sixxer i've added a couple things i'm hopeing will help out from stiffer ride, to better brakes...the last thing i plan to do before the events start is some FLSFCs
Thanks man ive read your sticky a few times. I did the budget build on my 98 but for this one i wanna get some better parts. I also noticed that you started a thread like this in this section and was read ing that one as well.

Have you looked on the scca site to join? When i looked it gave me two different prices one that said $45 a year and one that says $65 a year.. does anyone know what membership id need to compete? Im 21 with a 2000 v6 in g-stock class from the southern California region
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
598 Posts
I'd stick to working on the driver mod first. Get seat time before throwing parts at it. From there, the main things are tires, tires, tires, shocks, tires, sway bar. Did I mention tires? Hit the SCCA site & grab the rule book before changing parts; many of the popular suspension parts for Mustangs throw you into classes you might not want to tackle--for example LCA brackets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
claudermilk said:
I'd stick to working on the driver mod first. Get seat time before throwing parts at it. From there, the main things are tires, tires, tires, shocks, tires, sway bar. Did I mention tires? Hit the SCCA site & grab the rule book before changing parts; many of the popular suspension parts for Mustangs throw you into classes you might not want to tackle--for example LCA brackets.
I have been reading the rule book, and found out what parts can change me. Ive modded my old sixer like this before what im trying to say is i wanna get better parts
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top