Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 V6 Convertible with about 118,500 miles. Runs great all the time, no oil usage, all good. Today, driving it and for the first hour all was perfect and then right before home, gauges all went dead with the exception of the Speedo and RPM and all my warning messages popped up and cycled through them. No headlights, no power to the radio, no door locks, nothing, but the engine was still running fine, wipers worked, etc. Now, I just drove through a big rain storm so maybe that was the trigger but even when it dries off I need to know where to look for repair. Any ideas? Questions that might help make it more clear?

Appreciate everyone's help!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Low voltage to the ECU (communications error).

Check battery, alternator, clean and dry all harnesses (especially any connected to the ECU). Lastly, if you still have the problem, you may have a bad ECU.

That's all I've got at the moment. Lots of smarter guys here who can give more advice.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Actually put a new battery in it because the old was pretty bad anyway. Changed it back to normal until I started it and then everything started flickering and failing. Even the gas gauge went all the way to "E", came back up a bit and then back to nothing. If the alternator, wouldn't all gauges and other things fail? Can't figure out why something like the lights and windows don't work but the wipers and some of the gauges still do...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts