Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost the nut to the shifter linkage arm, the part that goes into the bottom of the actual shifter. I lost the nut that holds it down.

Anyone know the thread detail of that nut? Or a diagram to get part number?

It's not the two nuts that bolt up the back side, or the bolt that goes in the front. It's the single nut. 13mm is the size. I remember that much.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Go to the dealer parts dept and they can look up from a diagram.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to the dealer parts dept and they can look up from a diagram.
Obviously, it's Sunday, nothing is open but hardware stores.. And it's just a nut, 45 cents at the hardware store, or 15 dollars at the dealership? Hmmm... Plus I am an hour away from the closest ford dealer..

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
Obviously, it's Sunday, nothing is open but hardware stores.. And it's just a nut, 45 cents at the hardware store, or 15 dollars at the dealership? Hmmm... Plus I am an hour away from the closest ford dealer..
Just take the bolt with you so get the right thread, good luck

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just take the bolt with you so get the right thread, good luck
Thanks, but it's not the bolt that can be just taken off. It's the part of linkage that is on the trans that the bottom of the shifter goes into. (Or at least I have never taken it off, in the 10 or so shifter swaps I have done, maybe it can be done?)

I know it's a 13mm, and I am assuming its going to an M10... But from there I can't find what I need..

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
Thanks, but it's not the bolt that can be just taken off. It's the part of linkage that is on the trans that the bottom of the shifter goes into. (Or at least I have never taken it off, in the 10 or so shifter swaps I have done, maybe it can be done?)

I know it's a 13mm, and I am assuming its going to an M10... But from there I can't find what I need..
Oh ok, good luck

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Obviously if you knew what you needed you could go to a hardware store. Some stuff you need the dealer diagram to figure it out.

Since there only 45 cents, buy the one you think it is and one bigger and one smaller. Matching strength grade also.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Obviously if you knew what you needed you could go to a hardware store. Some stuff you need the dealer diagram to figure it out.

Since there only 45 cents, buy the one you think it is and one bigger and one smaller. Matching strength grade also.
Yeah, that's the issue though, I am guessing at most of it, lol. I am assuming its a fine thread. But I have no idea about a pitch. I was hoping the diagram would give me a part number to look that stuff up

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Is this a stock shifter? What year?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
It's an 05, and I switched from the hurst back to stock. But this particular nut doesn't change for whatever shifter you use.
It's the single front one that goes in horizontally?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's the single front one that goes in horizontally?
Not the bolt that goes in the front, but the nut that goes on the shifter linkage arm underneath the actual shifter. The arm does It does go in horizontally though, and has a threaded end, that this nut (the one I lost) goes on to.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Not the bolt that goes in the front, but the nut that goes on the shifter linkage arm underneath the actual shifter. The arm does It does go in horizontally though, and has a threaded end, that this nut (the one I lost) goes on to.
Have you looked through the Hurst customer install on American Muscle. It has detailed instructions and calls out the hardware sizes. Maybe it's referenced in there.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Is this the nut that you lost?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Looks like it should be a M8 with a 1.25mm pitch, 1.0 mm pitch is the fine thread. Glad you got it fixed, hope it stays, locktite should do the job.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.