Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have lost my tuner....can i just rebuy a tuner and be ok i dont care about the factory tune i just want my car retuned. i keep hearing that my car has to be returned to factory or i cant do it...i dont believe this and would very much so like advice...

06 mustang gt

·
Registered
442 Posts
How'd you lose the tuner? Was it stolen? Also did you connect your tuner to your computer and back up your factory tune? if so you can just pull it from there

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
The new tuner should just copy your current tune as stock and then allow a new tune to be loaded. If you backed up to a computer then,as mentioned, you could just load that into the tuner as a stock tune. (unless the stock tune on your computer is tagged to the old tuner). Probably best to call Sct or Bama.

·
Registered
101 Posts
if you got it at American muscle they will have your stock tune .....I lost mine when my internet went down while I was trying to put new tune on mine and my tuner went blank

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
i have lost my tuner....can i just rebuy a tuner and be ok i dont care about the factory tune i just want my car retuned. i keep hearing that my car has to be returned to factory or i cant do it...i dont believe this and would very much so like advice...

06 mustang gt
The new tuner should just copy your current tune as stock and then allow a new tune to be loaded. If you backed up to a computer then,as mentioned, you could just load that into the tuner as a stock tune. (unless the stock tune on your computer is tagged to the old tuner). Probably best to call Sct or Bama.
^This is correct. If you have an SCT device and you get a new tuner, the device will save your current tune as Stock and then load whatever tune you choose. If you're okay with not having a stock file, then this is the your best option! However, if you want a stock file you could take the car to Ford and have them flash your car back to stock before you tune the car.

If you have a Diablosport device, the process becomes a little more difficult. You'll have to work with them directly to get a stock file for your car and they can help you troubleshoot. Just let me know if I can be of any assistance! I hope this helps.

-Dan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello i have a question i have a 2017 ford mustang gt and i'm tuned by VMP so i wanted to know if i return the car back to stock do i lose my custom tunes from vmp on the sct x4 tuner device ?>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts