1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 gt currently running BBK long tube headers and basanni x pipe
No resonators just welded on pipe
And magnaflow muffler delete.
I was looking into getting the SLP loudmouth center shotgun style resonators but im
Not sure if that will make a difference? I want a way louder tone any suggestions I’d appreciate it thanks!

·
Administrator
657 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining MustangEvolution!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
I encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
Do you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you’ve chosen to join our community.

Without a cat delete (or have you already done this), I’m not sure what else you can do to make it louder. It seems like it should be plenty loud already. You keep saying you want the ”Tone” louder. What exactly do you mean? What’s the difference between having the exhaust louder, and having the “Tone” louder? Please explain.

·
Administrator
657 Posts
Based on your current set-up, exhaust cut-outs may be the only way to make it louder..
Good catch, I completely forgot about those.

·
Administrator
657 Posts
An H-Pipe MAY help. It’s the reason I went with that over an X-Pipe. An X-P does seem to promote a higher sounding frequency, and also helps to gain a little more HP, but in my opinion, the H-Ppie produces a deeper sound and for me personally, I prefer it.

·
Administrator
657 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,898 Posts
Putting mufflers on the car will make it quieter compared to your current set up. If you’re still at factory size pipe you can change to a 3in system. That would make the car louder.

Pick your poison.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts