Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for exhaust on my 16 GT. I dont want to spend 1200± on a catback. I want something really loud and something inexpensive and good quality. Thinking about roush axelbacks with MRT H pipe but I hear that is about as loud as borla tourings. Not sure though. Any ideas?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Resonator delete and a roush axle back and that's loudest you get for cheap without going straight pipes

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
174 Posts
MBRP Street or Race Catback. Got mine off EBay for $550 brand new. Never looked back...

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Very rarely do these go together
I can't lie, I had to chuckle a bit when i read the OP...

It's like the $3k quality twin turbo kit I'm looking for... it's gotta be out there right?!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Ah the super loud and otherwise stock Mustangs... At least you can know where they are without having to look in the rearview...

PSA: Super loud very rarely=sounds good.

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
/\ faster than you........ :D

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Yeah well that happens when your car is in 13,057 pieces in the garage. :D

·
Registered
557 Posts
The mustang deserves to be a little louder. The quiet exhaust is clearly a method used to satisfy the many different regional laws for noise and pollution reduction. It's far quieter than my 14. Also, while remarkable , the cabin is so well acoustically insulated that it's very difficult to distinguish the exhaust above a moderate level of music at almost any rpm.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Just downgrade to a New Edge or Fox Body. You will get all the noise you can ask for. Road noise, drive train noise, and exhaust volume is enough to force you to invest in stereo equipment.

My 02 isn't quiet in neutral rolling down hill. I'm pretty sure I can hear different textures in the road. Then again, it is a convertible, so the noise is normal. ?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Factory Mustangs have exhausts put on them so the crowds during Mustang Week know to get out of the way.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I've got a resonator delete, and roush axle backs. This set up is louder than the Bassani catback with offroad X pipe I had on my previous car. Yet it still sounds really good imo. Got it for $660, for axle backs and mid pipe. I get complimented on it quite a bit as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts