Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nervous more then anything. I just dont have a clue as to what to expect. Everyone I try to talk to about basic never gives any decent info. I dont give a #### what training is given and when, I just want to know about like if I get allergies over there (I know I will because of all the pollen right now) will they give me any meds or will I be dying from sneezing like a mofo.

Also the security clearance I am worried about. Ive been under the influence of weed but never actually smoked it myself like taking in a lung full. But at the meps they said if you have ever been under the influence of weed you have to say yes to it. Atleast thats what the dumb #### said. Then later on someone else saw that I said no to smoking weed on the medical prescreen and yes on the meps medical forms. So its like a contradiction on my forms. They I had to go back and explain it to the doctor and he changed it, but I am still worried about it because they give you screenings during basic and I dont want that to be an issue. Im getting different things about it from different people and I know they are anal about that type of stuff. Im worried they will somehow get me for fraudulent enlistment or disqualify me from getting the clearance I need.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
You will be OK If you have allergies and have a prescription take it with you and some medication. At basic they have doctors and they do give prescriptions.

As far as weed, stash, smoke, pot, herb, ####, grass, mary jane, blunts, joints, ####. you really dont have to much to worry about. As long as there is no convictions on possession and when you show up at basic with none in your system you will be OK. As far as it being in your system from passive inhalation, you will not get a particle count in the blood stream high enough to fail. But that does not mean you can be locked up in a car with Cheech and Chong inhaling pure smoke. Never admit, I repeat Never admit drug use or participation in drug use.

Good luck Corey

·
Registered
5 Posts
This was like 3 years ago that I got a dose of it, but never from smoking it myself. I wont touch the #### and hate ALL drugs. But it would still be in my system after 3 years from one day?

On the other hand I knew a guy who did weed everyday, and he is in the army right now. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Passive smoke stays in the system for 4 to 5 days. Occasional smoke 3 weeks to a month, burner like there was no tomorrow 2 months and flushing out the body with water.

You have nothing to worry about :D

Corey

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah. Like Corey said you have nothing to worry about. Just remember this. It will get you through the military. "Admit to nothing and Deny everything." It works. lol And the only they will can tell about the weed from over 5 months ago is a hair sample from the scalp. And that costs alot so they would never spring for that. You will be fine. Whats crazy is now they have Stress Cards for those candyasses who spaz out. They get a stress card and are excused from some exercises. And dont be a, what we call "Jerry's Kids" The medical profile people who walk instead of run. And who do modified push ups. And all sorts of other gay stuff. Military has changed alot since Vietnam Boot. kristi

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
ill be passing thru LA in mid aug on my way to mississippi to see my uncle. dunno where youre at, but im taking 10 there, and 20 or 30 back (cant remember which)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was born in Alex. most of my family lives there. I make the trip every 3 or so months.

And monkey, I live 10 min off of I10. Be careful. They have state troopers crawling all over that interstate. krsiti

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
yea i will. ill have my radar detector and only be going about 5 over. im not much of a speeder anymore

·
Registered
39 Posts
blah i live in mississippi right of I-10 man you can do 10 over easy without a problem... should stop by :)

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
hey 35th.. where in ms? round jackson?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
cool
i from g'ville but i live in starkville. i in jackson all the time. goin to hattiesburgh next weekend. got back from new orleans this morning. i never stay in one place very long

·
Registered
39 Posts
i live on the coast right next to biloxi, i goto school in Hattiesburg at Southern Miss

·
Registered
2 Posts
Baton Rouge here too...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts