Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, having a problem here, I have so much unconditionally love for my mustang that I told myself I would never give up on it but I have the opportunity to trade it in for my all time dream mustang (any 2011 and up Grabber Blue Mustang) and I was wondering if you guys ever had to make a decision like this before, I know it may seem kinda obvious since I'm getting and extra 100 horses but just letting something go that you care so much for, thx guys. V6 POWER.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Will you be able to live with yourself if you let your dream car slip out of your hands?

thats the real question. Its not like your leaving the mustang for a camaro or something

I absolutely love the mustang i have, but if i ever have a chance to get either of my true dream mustangs (03/04 Mach 1, '70s Mach 1) she's gone.

just don't tell her that, she might not want to start up later.....temperamental bi***

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
I had a 97 cobra before my Shelby. It was lowered 3 inches and had a Saleen body kit. It had a 125 shot of NOS. a cobra head shifter and complete MagnaFlow exhaust. I still miss it.

That's like the saddest story I've ever told right there lol. I miss being able to afford to fix it if I broke it lol.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Personally, i would just do my best to just save for a bit so that you have to opportunity to own both. Maybe use the one you got got as a dd, then the new one as a hot rod/ weekend warrior. But thats just what id do. I still have my first truck, a 91 f150 almost 278k miles and i still drove it over my 05 ram. Cant make myself get rid of the ol girl lol.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Just go for the new one.. Although I can't say I really feel what you feel with my old Taurus because I have to share it with a couple of family members that haven't bought vehicles yet.. So my car is like a hoe, and I would get rid of it ASAP if I could :rolleyes: But I'm happy that it does a good service for others.. Still though, that is one of the reasons my Mustang will be a manual.. So i'll be the only one with the ability to drive it!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Tough one. I took my new mustang to visit my crappy honda civic I drove for 17 years after it was fixed up and ready to sell. I felt so guilty, and I didn't even love that car. Good luck with that choice

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright guys, well I drove 4 hours to kileen tx at automax to get my car and I ended up getting a 2013 v6 (v6, only because that's what I can afford) and it's white but since I couldn't get it today they let me use a rental car (vw passat) lol and my love stang should be delivered at my house either on Tuesday or Wednesday, I'm so excited guys!!

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

and I'll be getting pics of my car Monday an ill post them for y'all. I couldn't miss an opportunity like this for me to get a (new) mustang for it to last for a long time and I'm only 20 years of age and is paying for it (along with other bills) I feel pretty successful. I feel bad though because now I have to go to the 11-14 v6 stang forums.

·
Registered
96 Posts
alright guys, well I drove 4 hours to kileen tx at automax to get my car and I ended up getting a 2013 v6 (v6, only because that's what I can afford) and it's white but since I couldn't get it today they let me use a rental car (vw passat) lol and my love stang should be delivered at my house either on Tuesday or Wednesday, I'm so excited guys!!

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

and I'll be getting pics of my car Monday an ill post them for y'all. I couldn't miss an opportunity like this for me to get a (new) mustang for it to last for a long time and I'm only 20 years of age and is paying for it (along with other bills) I feel pretty successful. I feel bad though because now I have to go to the 11-14 v6 stang forums.
I love my white v6 !

·
Registered
133 Posts
Good for you man I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot and your doing better than most 20 year olds paying for it yourself. Besides the higher payment with a gt the insurance for your age is pretty ridiculous in most cases

·
Registered
96 Posts

If I were you I'd be dying right now! I bet you can't wait

·
Registered
96 Posts
all black on the inside, my old 05 white mustang had tan interior. :)
I thought about all black. Looks so good contrasting the white but l opted for saddle brown leather instead. I would send you a pic if I could figure out how to do so. Enjoy your new car. Do you have regrets selling your other mustang?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought about all black. Looks so good contrasting the white but l opted for saddle brown leather instead. I would send you a pic if I could figure out how to do so. Enjoy your new car. Do you have regrets selling your other mustang?
"do you have regrets selling your old mustang?"
we all love our mustangs here, unconditionally I would I say. I loved my old car, it had potential and spirit I believed and it wasn't afraid to rawr at anybody when it needed to or race a friend knowing my car would lose but having fun doing it!! letting go of that car was like batman telling his butler Wilfred to not work for him anymore. it was hard and all I hope is that someone will take great care of it and treat her like a mans best friend. here's the latest video of my mustang showing everybody it's loudness and slight aggressiveness. enjoy and watch in HD for best sound quality!! :).

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8ScAnDBBSZ8

·
Registered
260 Posts
My first Mustang was a 2001 GT. I loved that car. Looking back, it was a pleasure to drive, but the body style wasn't much "Mustang" and the 4.6 motor was terrible. At best I think I ran high 13's with that car. Still loved her though.

Now my 2013, well it's my first NEW car, and aside from that, I am in love with her. It doesn't matter whether I'm granny shifting for fuel mileage or getting on it a bit, this car is just amazing to drive. It's an experience, not just a car. I love the retro interior and the retro gauges. Sometimes cruising with the windows down on the back roads, I tune up 70's on 7 on Sirius and feel like I'm taken back. Mustang fan my whole life and I'm driving my dream car. Some people want Ferrari or Lamborghini for a dream car, I'll take a Mustang. GT500 would really be my dream car, but this GT is close enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My first Mustang was a 2001 GT. I loved that car. Looking back, it was a pleasure to drive, but the body style wasn't much "Mustang" and the 4.6 motor was terrible. At best I think I ran high 13's with that car. Still loved her though.

Now my 2013, well it's my first NEW car, and aside from that, I am in love with her. It doesn't matter whether I'm granny shifting for fuel mileage or getting on it a bit, this car is just amazing to drive. It's an experience, not just a car. I love the retro interior and the retro gauges. Sometimes cruising with the windows down on the back roads, I tune up 70's on 7 on Sirius and feel like I'm taken back. Mustang fan my whole life and I'm driving my dream car. Some people want Ferrari or Lamborghini for a dream car, I'll take a Mustang. GT500 would really be my dream car, but this GT is close enough.
love the whip!! and that's what I'm talking about!! it's like I said loving your mustang unconditionally. V6 POWER. V8 POWER

1 - 20 of 28 Posts