Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I completely understand why people want and do keep low miles on there cars!

But I can't understand why you would! I wouldn't be able to resist driving the car everyday! Mustangs are just to great to be kept in the garage anyone else feel the way that I do?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I like keeping them for special occasions, makes it more fun.

40k on my 03 cobra so far. Averaging 1500 a year for the most part. 90 does 250 or so.

Another part is just running out of time...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mustangs are just to great to be kept in the garage anyone else feel the way that I do?
I couldn't agree more! While I lived in Georgia I drove my '67 Fastback up to Tennessee and then down to Florida for Spring Break in a ten day period. It was about a 1,500 mile trip, but man was it fun-you just can't put a value on the experience! No one can ever take that memory away from me.

When I lived in the Southwest, the Fastback and I would criss-cross the dessert-El Paso, Tucson, Albuquerque and back again. I will never forget the looks I would get showing up at some gas station in the middle of the New Mexico or Arizona dessert in the Fastback. It's a car people hardly ever see, except at car shows, and here I am out in the middle of nowhere road tripping in it-cowboy boots and mirror aviators and you are an American Icon.

These cars were built to be driven!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I see those auctions for the all original mint condition 1969 yenko camaro with 7 original miles for example and I can't help but think "who buys that car and thinks to them self, hmm, I think I'm going to but this in my garage for the next half century and never enjoy it" it doesn't make since to me.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
ChrisMustangs said:
First off I completely understand why people want and do keep low miles on there cars!

But I can't understand why you would! I wouldn't be able to resist driving the car everyday! Mustangs are just to great to be kept in the garage anyone else feel the way that I do?
I know what you mean my 69 Mach 1 has 12xxx on odometer lol but I think it was 112 lmao

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts