Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow its been a long time since I have posted anywhere. About two years. Well I'm back now and trying to finish what I started. My previous problem was my 60' times, I was running [email protected] consistant with 2.5 60' times 3.27/7.7'' open diff. My solution to that is the 8.8''/3.55 t-lok rear sitting in the basement waiting to go in, but along with that I want to throw in some other parts to help.

Awhile back I spoke with dan (2+yrs ago) and he said I should look into getting some lower control arms. My question to you all is what brand should I go with. I have seen that Steeda LCA's alone are 220$, however I can get sets from MAC and VMP of upper and lower controler arms for 200$ or less. Why is that? and Which would be a better combination for lower times.

I also plan on picking up some Eibach Drag Launch springs, if anyone has input on those that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-Brooks

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Hey Brooks, the reason for the lower cost is MAC control arms kind of suck. they are marginally better than stock. Steeda' are good and are BBK and a relative new company called UPR, they make make billit stuff and are constantly putting more products on the market. UPR also makes high quality C&C plates.

·
Registered
941 Posts
fyi on www.stangsuspension.com they are selling maximum motorsports lca's (top of the line) for 220$, or they were.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
there is a company that makes them for the GTs called Ground Pounder. they are a reputable brand. they fit the V6s directly. you can look into those, or even get on ebay. occasionally there is a brand called Granetelli (or something along those lines) that is the exact copy the the Ground Pounder style and hold up really well. i had them on my v6 and was running consistant 1.9-2.1s

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Like I said you need to check out UPR they have come out with a really badass lower control arm and it is a attractive price. I intend to get some in the near future

UPR Chrome-moly adjustable lower control arm kit

$159 +$8 Shipping

$167

ot to distance future

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Here is UPR's website http://www.uprproducts.com/dynamic_index_menu.asp?v=mustang&m=MS

And here is the page with all the pro mustang racers who use UPR suspension parts http://www.uprproducts.com/customers.asp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts