Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, washing and waxxing my car today, since my second job told me I could go home early if I wanted, and I noticed this which seems kinda odd to me. Wondering how I fix the one that is wrong.

So first pictures are of the correct way it should look. I only know this because it is how it has always looked. This is on my left side of my car, or drivers side.

Here are pictures of the passenger side. Messing with it trying to get it to pop back, the pocket it has created has rocks and mud and such in it, and seems like I would have to get it apart to get all this stuff out.

So anyone got any recommandations? I am thinking I will have to lift the car, get under her, and look at it head on and try and scrape out anything in there and it should go back into place on its own easily. I would love any ideas though thanks!

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
I think it's a half assed mud flap lol. That happened to me once, just crawl down there on your back and muscle it back into place. It's plastic so it'll break with too much force, but it can still take a little abuse

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
That explains it. A half assed mud flap! But yeah I came too close to a curb and hopped it. It looked like your messed up one. Just bend it back. Mine snapped back, yet still has a little kick back to it.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it's a half assed mud flap lol. That happened to me once, just crawl down there on your back and muscle it back into place. It's plastic so it'll break with too much force, but it can still take a little abuse
I thought that is what it was, it just is so puny that I thought that was crazy. I was hoping it'd be that easy. Looks like I'll have to lift the car and dig that crap out and put it back into place here shortly.

That explains it. A half assed mud flap! But yeah I came too close to a curb and hopped it. It looked like your messed up one. Just bend it back. Mine snapped back, yet still has a little kick back to it.
I have a feeling since at my work they have a speed bump that you can't really see easily, and I went over it a tad fast and I know I scrapped my exhaust, I am guessing that is when I popped this outta place.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
227 Posts
lwandrewz said:
Lol, I put a dent in my cat from going over a speed bump too fast!
Poor cat!

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
U try wahing ur car in 2 degree celsius weather bud
Not bad actually. The winters are harsh in bama. Use warm water from the sink and it'll also Help the paint some. My pet peeve is car washes so I chimed in lol you pay so much for a car and then the outside is what you have to look at half the time so take car of your investment

·
Registered
721 Posts
Its actually a nice car was not like a gas station one... Done by hand so it always comes out nice... Armoral tires and quick detailer after shes al dry.... This is only during the fall just b4 winter starts.. Spring and summer i wash by hand

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
I think that'd require a new lower fascia, or I'd recommend the real mud flaps to stop it from popping out of place perhaps.
It'll still happen because the legitimate mud flap goes behind the wheel well. I've thought about tearing mine out because they are virtually useless

1 - 16 of 16 Posts