Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just found out that the lower intake gaskets cost about $40 each. I cant believe that crap, its just a freiken gasket. Then I supposedly have to buy new end seals, in which I have no idea how much they will be... But if im going to half to pay over $100 just to take my lower off, then its going to get the p&p of its life. Im going to port it till theres not much left to port. I swear, I was going to buy a CAI to top this project off, but now I gotta buy freiken gaskets with that money.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :x :x :x

·
Registered
567 Posts
??? where are you buying them from.

Theres a lower intake gasket kit from Ford for like $40-60, I forget how much exactly.

It has both sides plus both end seals.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
lower intake gasket is so much because it includes the upper gasket as well.

anyway, if youre needing the lower gasket because youre gonna p&p. why not just take the lower off easily. all the cars i have taken apart their intakes, not one lower gasket has not been re-usable.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stangin99 said:
??? where are you buying them from.

Theres a lower intake gasket kit from Ford for like $40-60, I forget how much exactly.

It has both sides plus both end seals.
Sweet! can you give me a link?

·
Registered
78 Posts
FYI the 96-98 intake gaskets are plastic with a rubbery seal. They're really a nice
gasket but yes they are expensive. They also have locating dowels. An upper/lower
gasket set should NOT be 100 bucks from the dealership. Last I checked
they retail for 80 something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts