Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lowered my car a few months ago. I used KYB Excel-G shocks and struts. The ride is pretty rough. I was thinking of getting Koni Orange STR.T shocks and struts and replacing the KYBs.

I know the ride won't be as "smooth" as it was with stock suspension, but do you think the Koni's would improve the ride somewhat?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Did you replace the jounce bumpers or cut the top off the stock ones? When you lower the rear end if you don't adjust the stops the body will slam into them and be very rough.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Try what JimC said. When I lowered my 2011 v6, instead of buying the shorter jounce bumpers (bump stopes) for the rear axle. I cut on inch off the top of the old ones. I used a hacksaw blade without the hacksaw. I did not remove them to cut them. If this makes any sense :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try what JimC said. When I lowered my 2011 v6, instead of buying the shorter jounce bumpers (bump stopes) for the rear axle. I cut on inch off the top of the old ones. I used a hacksaw blade without the hacksaw. I did not remove them to cut them. If this makes any sense :)
Can you provide a bit more information on what these are (where located) and what I would need to do.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I can't find a picture of mine right now, it is on the axle, between the axle and the frame. Here is a set of the Ford Performance on the CJ Ponyparts website:

And a YouTube on replacing them:

Sorry, I thought that first video might show how to install, this one shows installation:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts