Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'm not a noob, but I've done some dumb **** the last couple weeks.

Parked in a lot where there was one of those curbs in front of my car. Walked up, there were none in the lanes around me, so assuming there wasn't on under my bumper. There was, I went OVER it. Body seemed to be sitting in it. Had to reverse, scraping all the way, off of it. Bumper popped out on one side, pressed right back into place.

Today, pulled int a parking lot, where the seams met in the concrete, on side dropped dramatically. No way of seeing this pulling in becuz it was slightly sloped up first before this drop. And.... Scraped again.

Question is, do I need to get this thing on a lift, or is this type thing no big deal? Where should I be looking at damage?

I've modded before, but first lowered car

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
It wouldn't be bad to look at it but still may want to if you get a chance
Agreed. There is a lot that could be bad or honestly nothing at all. I scraped my x pipe on a giant speed bump before I was lowered and it sounded BAD but honestly you'd have been hard pressed to tell me it scraped. It had very little signs of scraping.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Agreed. There is a lot that could be bad or honestly nothing at all. I scraped my x pipe on a giant speed bump before I was lowered and it sounded BAD but honestly you'd have been hard pressed to tell me it scraped. It had very little signs of scraping.
You must have been fluid per that bump!!!!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
You must have been fluid per that bump!!!!
So it is where my "new" job is and it is literally the biggest speed bump I've ever seen in my life and it is near impossible to see pulling up to where it is at. I hit it doing 25 haha. You can drive around it and I do because lowered I'd never get over it, but no warning it was there until I hit it.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
So it is where my "new" job is and it is literally the biggest speed bump I've ever seen in my life and it is near impossible to see pulling up to where it is at. I hit it doing 25 haha. You can drive around it and I do because lowered I'd never get over it, but no warning it was there until I hit it.
I'm sorry to here that!
I have a bad bump right in front f my house

·
Registered
716 Posts
I enjoy speed bumps that even when driving over as slow as possible in a normal height vehicle you still scrape. It makes me want to punch whoever thought it was a good idea in the face.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you look at it yet? I would think too check the exhaust and maybe the trannie.
Not on a lift, just laying down next to it. Scraped the crap out of the frame, pieces if concrete dust brushed onto my hand. No apparent dents or bending tho

·
Registered
30 Posts
Damn, that's exactly why I don't want to lower my ride. I would say lift her up and check the tranny and exhaust as well.
Does it feel much different from the original height to the new lowered height? What feels different? Speed, aerodynamics, handling?

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

And I forgot to add, I hope your car's fine, and there isn't much damage or any damage at all. I know that would give me a heart attack if I witnessed all that with my car.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Okay, probably no new news but bumps, on my old v6 which sat lower than the 2000 series Stang, I had speed bumps at heb I'd scrap going over until I got bigger tires, but to get around it I would go over the bump at an angle, helped a lot,

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Damn, that's exactly why I don't want to lower my ride. I would say lift her up and check the tranny and exhaust as well.
Does it feel much different from the original height to the new lowered height? What feels different? Speed, aerodynamics, handling?

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

And I forgot to add, I hope your car's fine, and there isn't much damage or any damage at all. I know that would give me a heart attack if I witnessed all that with my car.
The handling is like night and day. No body roll. Can steer with the gas pedal.

I did go at an angle, the concrete only sloped on one side and by the time I saw it, I also heard it. The bump stopper in the parking spot was just plain stupid on my part. Car was full, I got laughed at until we notice it popped the bumper out

·
Registered
30 Posts
The handling is like night and day. No body roll. Can steer with the gas pedal.

I did go at an angle, the concrete only sloped on one side and by the time I saw it, I also heard it. The bump stopper in the parking spot was just plain stupid on my part. Car was full, I got laughed at until we notice it popped the bumper out
Damn, that sucks. That's harsh bro, how much damage did it cause?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn, that sucks. That's harsh bro, how much damage did it cause?
Maybe nothing? I popped the bumper back in place but then created this thread. Wondering if anyone has had an experience that hurt more than their pride and can tell me any clues to look for

1 - 15 of 15 Posts