Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,:confused:
I am looking into lowering my 04 Mustang and I was wondering what is a safe height to lower my car? I have rims off of an 05 GT and the offset is a little different than the stock rims but that can be fixed with wheel spacers. I was looking at the SR Performance Lowering Springs or Eibach Sportline Spring Kit from AM. With either of those would you suggest getting CC plates, shocks and struts also? I have never installed springs on any of my cars are they an easy job?

Thanks for the help!
Casper:good:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I put on the SR. It'll take a day if you do it yourself. You don't need CCPs or shocks because with the SRs it isn't a big enough drop to put it out of alignment. Yes it would be good to get the CCPs and shocks at the same time but you'll be fine without them. Mine doesn't scrap anywhere and it got rid of most of that huge ugly gap with the stock springs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put on the SR. It'll take a day if you do it yourself. You don't need CCPs or shocks because with the SRs it isn't a big enough drop to put it out of alignment. Yes it would be good to get the CCPs and shocks at the same time but you'll be fine without them. Mine doesn't scrap anywhere and it got rid of most of that huge ugly gap with the stock springs.
Thank you, yeah mine has such an ugly gap I hate it! How much overall drop did you get?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts