Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help me lower my car

I would like to lower my car but could use some experienced advise between the function and advantages of coil overs versus lowering springs. I plan to use my car for hard cornering but on the other hand would like to try and keep the cars' suspension a little supple as to not feel every nook and cranny in the road. Also, I like the idea of having shocks that are compression & dampening adjustable as to fine to the ride as well. Of cousre I realize that my front and (back?) ends would require realignment. If anyone can throw in some good advise and suggestions of parts, I would be very grateful!

Eddie

·
Registered
541 Posts
Coilovers would be the way to go but are expensive. Check out the lineup
from Maximum Motorsports they will hook you up. Indeed coiloveer would
make the handle better than just lowering springs, but there are great companies
who make springs like H&R which are the best from what I'm told. And as far
shocks and struts go Koni or Bilstein would be your best bet. What do have done
to the suspension so far subframe connectors,strut tower brace etc. Good Luck
on the build.

Matt 01 stanger

Attachments

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
just get the eibach pro kit some tociko shocks and struts and some mm caster camber plates, and sway bar end links and you will be set

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
coil overs are great but they are very costly... so if you dont like spending a ton of money or cant on suspension then simply go with springs...

If you want a 1.2 inch drop~ go with fms C springs, if you want a little more go with H&R springs (they have variable drop levels) they also have stiffer springs if you REALLY want to make the rate stiff.

If you go more than 1.3 expect to need cc plates, and mm are the best and the 4 bolt design runs 200 bucks but they are worth it.

the mach 1 struts/shocks work great for a 1.2 drop~ or less if you go more you will need to get some other brand... mm cc plates can raise the strut shaft up to help a bit so mach 1's will work fine till around 1.5 or so (then they will start to wear out alot faster)

·
Registered
800 Posts
I actually saw last week on v6mustangstuff.com in there used for sale section they had front c springs for 25$

1 - 7 of 7 Posts