Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've finally gotten around to lowering my 2011 Stang this weeked. I'm replacing the shocks, struts and springs. The car has around 82,000 miles on it. Should i replace the rear lower control arms also?

Thanks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
How low are you going? If you go more than a inch I think you'll need an adjustable panhard bar, adjustable upper control arm and adjustable lower control arms.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I change my panhard bar for a BMR watts link. i didn't change lower control arms. My kit is B6 bilstein + pro kit eibach springs

Reactions: crjackson2134

·
Registered
25 Posts
So I've finally gotten around to lowering my 2011 Stang this weeked. I'm replacing the shocks, struts and springs. The car has around 82,000 miles on it. Should i replace the rear lower control arms also?

Thanks.
Hi, You can buy a Steeda fixed upper rear control arm that is the right length and does not need to be adjusted. This is good for moderately lowered cars and is easier than the adjustable control arms. I had problems with my whiteline adjustable upper control arrn install and the adjustment is confusing. Look at BMR for and adjustable rear upper control arm if you need an adjustable unit, and Its tough to get the bolt thru the bushing on the drive shaft. I paid someone after failing all weekend. You may need lower control arm relocation brackets too. My whiteline ones worked out well with the fixed lower control arms which are simpler. Also look at the maxim motorsport bump stops because the stock ones must be cut because they are too tall and the car rides like a tank when you hit bumps. Panhard bar is also good idea

·
Super Moderator
17,971 Posts
Just report the posts lol. Half the time its a bot anyway.

Reactions: David Young
1 - 5 of 5 Posts