Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Get yourself a good set of lowering springs like H&Rs etc. Look into struts and shocks to depending on your budget and a good set of CC Plates too like Maximum Motorsports. Do it right dont cut stock springs to lower your ride height.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I have the new wheels on now. They say lower it. What's the best way?
how much do you want too lower it? 1" 1.5" really drop it more?

a setup like mine is gonna require different parts than a setup with a smaller drop. So a 1.7" front and 2.4" rear drop is gonna be a lot different than a 1" drop on all four corners.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Well, I didn't want to say THAT ... lol.
Lol im sorry, don't mean to offend anyone with cut springs, but when i think of them, all i picture is a '87 civic with spinning hubcaps and NOS stickers, bouncing uncontrollably down the street.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OP,

Our SR Performance springs are a great for a budget! They'll drop your Mustang 1.5" all the way around and keep a comfortable ride. Not to mention you'll definitely see an increase in handling.

Let me know if you're interested in more info!

Shane
Hello Shane. Ok I'm lowering the car. I found the men to do the job. Now what springs and size. I measure the rears at 16.5 inches,fronts at 15.5,center to top. I was thinking 1.5 in the rear and .5 in front. Could I go lower in rear? I have 3inches from tire to wheel well top. Why do you recommend 1.5 drop all around? Thank you for your help. Martin

Attachments

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Hello Shane. Ok I'm lowering the car. I found the men to do the job. Now what springs and size. I measure the rears at 16.5 inches,fronts at 15.5,center to top. I was thinking 1.5 in the rear and .5 in front. Could I go lower in rear? I have 3inches from tire to wheel well top. Why do you recommend 1.5 drop all around? Thank you for your help. Martin
I love the amount of drop i ended up getting from my steeda ultralites. Almost dead on from what they were advertised to do. 1.25 front and 1.5 rear

·
Registered
1,579 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Crappy cell phone pics, and a dirty car, but you get the idea haha

1 - 20 of 27 Posts