Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a 2013 v6 and I wanted to use lowering springs to drop it about 1.2-1.5 inches I'm looking at the eibach pro kit and the hhr springs. What do you think is a better company? And I know I need a panhard bar do you guys think I would need nothing else?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Search function is your friend, lots of threads on this to get multiple opinions from

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got prokits. Just about a perfect stance imo. With just the springs the ride quality didn't change much at all that I can remember. I did need a panhard but not everyone does. I recommend it though.
How hard was the install? And have you heard of the sr springs from American muscle there pretty cheap but idk about the quality though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just this past week I bought the Eibach Sportline springs and I am very pleased with them. I have yet to get any pictures but it made a very noticeable appearance. The ride quality didnt change to much. The only thing I really noticed was a stiffer ride. I did not have to buy a new panhard bar however that will be in the near future. A few things I would reccomened is try to have a lift availible as well as a wall mounted spring compressor. It took about an hour to change out all of them. Then just be sure to get a new alignment afterwards

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Here is my 2010 with .8/1.2 Vogtland Springs and SRT.T's.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just this past week I bought the Eibach Sportline springs and I am very pleased with them. I have yet to get any pictures but it made a very noticeable appearance. The ride quality didnt change to much. The only thing I really noticed was a stiffer ride. I did not have to buy a new panhard bar however that will be in the near future. A few things I would reccomened is try to have a lift availible as well as a wall mounted spring compressor. It took about an hour to change out all of them. Then just be sure to get a new alignment afterwards
Does yours rub or scrape and how much was the drop?

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

Just the springs and its awesome!
How much did it drop it on the front and back?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does yours rub or scrape and how much was the drop?

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

Nope not that I have noticed anywhere. I still have the stock 17"s on for now though. Im hoping i dont run into problems when I get a new set of wheels later on in the year.

·
Registered
48 Posts
How much of a drop was it in the front and back?
According to the manufacturer it says 1.4" in the front and 1.5" in the rear. I have yet to be able to take pictures of it to really see though. Eventually I want to get a picture beside a stock one just to see.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine dropped 1.75 in the front and almost 2 in the back!

wow. thats a pretty big difference. I know ford reccomends camber plates when you drop anything more then 1.5". Call me cheap but i didnt want to spend $325 more just for .5" lower lol

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I got less than half a degree of camber. So I got camber bolts for 24 bucks. So all in all spent 150 bucks and looking mean!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Has anyone just dropped the front along with a fatter tire on the rear to really had that old school mustang hot rod look

1 - 20 of 40 Posts