Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i wanna lower my 05 gt and i have a few questions. I know when lowering these cars your supposed to do a panhard bar and camber.bolts and relocation brackets. I wanna get the sr performance springs from american muscle. Can i honestly get away with just doing the springs for right now due to.finances or whats the bare minimum id have to do so i dont have issues? And i know somones going to say to wait and spend the money but im just asking whats the minimum i can get away with. Btw the springs lower it 1.5 all around

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have a 05 sixxer, with those exact springs and really gave my car a mean look. I'm not sure since yours is a gt but from what I heard and learned, you can just have the springs and save up enough for the next part for handling. because all I did was springs and nothing else because the AM website said it was okay. hope this help man.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Blacknred,

Will you be interested in buying my springs,
I bought the SR springs from AM and also the camber bolts( two in total, one for each side).
Everything brand new in the box, if the shipping is not to much to your address I will sell them. What's your zip code and I could find out on Monday how much is the shipping.
I was planning on installing them in a few months but need to replace my pulleys first. If I don't loose alot we could work something out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blacknred,

Will you be interested in buying my springs,
I bought the SR springs from AM and also the camber bolts( two in total, one for each side).
Everything brand new in the box, if the shipping is not to much to your address I will sell them. What's your zip code and I could find out on Monday how much is the shipping.
I was planning on installing them in a few months but need to replace my pulleys first. If I don't loose alot we could work something out.
Yes im interesred my zip code is 32065 and what price are you thinking for all of it?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Well let me find out whats the shipping rate, I don't want to loose a lot of money either. I'll pm you on Monday once I checked with the post office. If you could save a few bucks and I only loose a little that will work for me. Everything is brand new

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Ok so i wanna lower my 05 gt and i have a few questions. I know when lowering these cars your supposed to do a panhard bar and camber.bolts and relocation brackets. I wanna get the sr performance springs from american muscle. Can i honestly get away with just doing the springs for right now due to.finances or whats the bare minimum id have to do so i dont have issues? And i know somones going to say to wait and spend the money but im just asking whats the minimum i can get away with. Btw the springs lower it 1.5 all around
Since they are unrelated installs, piece it together. Not an issue. The panhard issue isn't really a real PROBLEM it is just a negative on traction. But car will drive just fine with or without it.

Example, my car twisted right when slamming second on stock panhard after being lowered 1" since it shifed allwing the weight and power distribution to become uneven. This doesn't necessarily become a problem but it should eventually be corrected if you wan't maximum, straight line traction.

As for relocation brackets, they're useful but as to how much depends on how good or bad you launch at the track now. I went from 1.98 60' to 1.92 with them. Worth it to me but still nothing crazy. WIth my new drag radials I can see the reloc brackets becoming more useful.

Camber bolts are also not a problem. Unless they're in need of replacing, 1.5" is within the specs that shops can align within.

Piece it together. If you've never installed any of this, one at a time is better on the stress levels hehe.

Reactions: dmarq

·
Registered
246 Posts
Since they are unrelated installs, piece it together. Not an issue. The panhard issue isn't really a real PROBLEM it is just a negative on traction. But car will drive just fine with or without it.

Example, my car twisted right when slamming second on stock panhard after being lowered 1" since it shifed allwing the weight and power distribution to become uneven. This doesn't necessarily become a problem but it should eventually be corrected if you wan't maximum, straight line traction.

As for relocation brackets, they're useful but as to how much depends on how good or bad you launch at the track now. I went from 1.98 60' to 1.92 with them. Worth it to me but still nothing crazy. WIth my new drag radials I can see the reloc brackets becoming more useful.

Camber bolts are also not a problem. Unless they're in need of replacing, 1.5" is within the specs that shops can align within.

Piece it together. If you've never installed any of this, one at a time is better on the stress levels hehe.
good info...thank you...answered some question s for me that I have yet to find solid answers to...springs are next for me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts