Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting some new tires on the rear. Im going to have 16's all around (No chrome) and the rear tires are going to have bigger walls than the front two tires, and wider. I was wondering when i do this, it is better if i drop the front of the car or raise the back end of the car. And if i do raise the back, what are the springs called? Raising springs perhaps? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
I dont know if you would even want to lower the front, depending on tire size i cant see any reason to lower or raise at all.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Why don't you just lower it all together. Lowering you car changes the center of gravity which gives you a better handling car. Also it's better to lower the car all together so that you don't move the center of gravity too far forward. If you have it too far forward, you're weight distrabution well be worse and your rear tires won't have as much weight on them and therefore you'd be getting worse traction and have a higher probability of spinning out, or worse if you drive the car in the snow, you won't be moving long. If you want more of a dragster look, I would go with 245/45ZR17's in the front and 275/40ZR17's in the rear. Your rear tires will be about an inch wider and will give better traction.

--- Note moving to suspension

·
Registered
800 Posts
I cant qwite understand 1 thing here...why 16's? 17 or 18's you hear of everyday, but not 16's?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I heard, the bigger the rims, the slower your car. And yes, i am going for a dragster look. Im not really worried about handling, since i dont race around curbs or anything. I live in california, so i dont have to worry about the snow problem. So, i think i'll lower the front. Now that Danger Dude said it, the back is high enough. What other tire sizes do you guys recommend for the rear tires? Thanks for the responses..

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
that tire size is about right for a 17 inch rim, a bigger rim will slow you down yes, but i dont think it will slow you down enough for you to acctually notice it doing normal driving.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Id say if you were going for a drag look, get some weld drag wheels? skinnies up front and wide tires in the rear? i think there 15s, i know Tire had them on his stang and it looked good:yup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts