Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am :shock: looking :shock: for a 1.25 or 1.50in drop for my stang. I just want regular lowering springs not coil overs because this will be my last mod due to teh fact that I am moving up in the Mustang world. Plan on geting an SC S-281 Speedster by June of next year so i dont want to put really anymore money into the car than i already have. Some info on teh lowering springs would be greatly apprciated.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
You're looking at anywhere from 80 - 200 bucks. Ebay has a lot of springs. But if you're looking for a 1.25-1.5 inch drop, I would suggest Ford C Springs or MAC springs. They are pretty reputable, and they are in the drop range which you specified.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Few reasons. He wants a lower ride to get him used to the ride height of the S281. He'll be able to sell the springs (or re-use them on the 281) and get the $$ back. Plus it's not htat expensive of a mod to get a completly different feel for a ride :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Steeda drops almost exactly 1.25 and they are outstanding springs, I would recommend them over "Cs" and there is no cutting necessary.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rellik said:
Few reasons. He wants a lower ride to get him used to the ride height of the S281. He'll be able to sell the springs (or re-use them on the 281) and get the $$ back. Plus it's not htat expensive of a mod to get a completly different feel for a ride
Right. Lowering and tinted windows are it. No more. I have changed my mind again and have decided to get an 03' Cobra. Haven't been hearing too many good things about the Saleens lately. :( Plus the 03' Cobras own the S-281, even the E's with a few mods.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I believe all Saleen Mustangs use the base GT body and engine, even the supercharged version is still a 2v sohc engine. If you want a souped up Cobra you would have to go with a Roush or Steeda car that started with a Cobra.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
youre right rick, saleen uses the 2V in all their engines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts