Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to pick up my 2013 gt next week.
The ride height is a lil atrocious so I wanna lower it. I'm outfitting it with 19"-20" KMC XD WHEELS.
It's not gonna be a track car. I just wanna get the ride height to look more appealing.

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

And would you recommend camber plates or camber bolts? Huge price difference.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
springs that are the same rate as stock will be fine with the stock shocks/struts and even stiffer will be fine for a daily driver.

CC plates might make the shocks life longer if they allow the shaft to raise up a bit. The lower the car the more of the strut/shock shaft is pushed into the strut/shaft body and that can wear them out quicker, but its not a huge deal.

You may need a panhard bar if you lower it enough (enough to look good at least....) I would aim for a good enough drop, 1 inch wont cut it but dont go to far and have issues driving around.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SpectorV said:
springs that are the same rate as stock will be fine with the stock shocks/struts and even stiffer will be fine for a daily driver.

CC plates might make the shocks life longer if they allow the shaft to raise up a bit. The lower the car the more of the strut/shock shaft is pushed into the strut/shaft body and that can wear them out quicker, but its not a huge deal.

You may need a panhard bar if you lower it enough (enough to look good at least....) I would aim for a good enough drop, 1 inch wont cut it but dont go to far and have issues driving around.
By panhard bar, do you mean the strut tower brace that goes over the intake manifold? If it doesn't already have one, that was gonna be my first add on. And I never thought about the suspension travel with it being lower, compressing the strut/shaft farther than stock original. May have to go with a full shock body and spring. I don't wanna 1/2 a$$ anything and run into problems down the road.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nevermind, i just researched the panhard bar, sounds like i need to talk to a professional and see what all ill need to keep everything inline but stay with budget

·
Registered
15 Posts
All you need is some springs, i recommend BMR and an adjustable PHB, to get the rear end aligned. I added some koni str.t's when i did mine and it still rides nice...nothing like stock, more of a stiff ride but not uncomfortable

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
We can offer you some good pricing on either package. We can provide a full suspension package like the one in the video....

Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords' Steeda Suspension Install And - YouTube

This is a very affordable package.

We also can piece it together with lowering springs, panhard bar, shocks/struts, etc.

PM if I can help provide forum pricing and/or a package that you are looking for. Do you use your car for a DD or track it?

Best Regards,

Tim

·
Registered
67 Posts
I as well want to lower my semi DD and want all the roll and pitch to go away for my aggressive driving when I can. I really want great handling and not feel like a race car on those days when I just want to cruise. I have brembo brake package and 19'' wheels, what will be best for this interest I have?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts