Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just got an end of the year bonus check from work so I'm thinking about buying myself and the Mustang a few X-mas presents.
I think I'm going to go with the Ford K springs 1.5" drop I know I'm going to need a pan hard bar and some camber bolts for the front struts.
I'm going to reuse the stock struts and shocks for now because the only have a little over 20K miles on them.
I also want to get upper and lower control arms at the same time to stop the wheel hop and thats were I have some questions There are so many to choose from. Right now I'm thinking of getting ether UMI or J&M non adjustable UCA & LCAs Why because they are cheep and I'm not sure I need to spend the extra money on more expensive control arms because in reality the car will most likely never see a drag strip or autocross event. So what Im looking for is some imput as to weather my thinking is flaud or the products from these MFGs is junk or not worth the money and I should buy a different brand or something like that.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Go for it, hold off on the panhard bar tho, I didn't need one with my ford K springs and I like my J&M LCAs

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will need adjustable uca's with a drop to correct pinion angle.
I know adjustable control arms are needed to dial in the rear suspension to get the best launch and lower your 60' times for drag racing or to dial in the pinion angle if I swaped in a 1 pice drive shaft I did not think it was something I needed just because I lowered the car but thats why Im asking questions !!! I was only installing the control arms to firm up the suspension and control wheel hop

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are u lowering it 1.5" even?
not 100% sure 1.5" would be the most I would lower it Im on the fence as to
what springs I want I have it narrowed down to ether the ford K or P springs or the Steeda sport springs witch are kinda in the middle.
I don't want to lower the car to much just get rid of some of the gap. Down the road I want to swap out my stock wheels and tires for some 19x9.5 SVE Drift wheels and 275/40/19 tires witch are a little taller then stock.

·
Registered
73 Posts
True. Yea I'm looking for new wheels tires and springs also. Might end up getting some 18s and I'm looking into the ford k or eibach pro kit.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ok so I just got an end of the year bonus check from work so I'm thinking about buying myself and the Mustang a few X-mas presents.
I think I'm going to go with the Ford K springs 1.5" drop I know I'm going to need a pan hard bar and some camber bolts for the front struts.
I'm going to reuse the stock struts and shocks for now because the only have a little over 20K miles on them.
I also want to get upper and lower control arms at the same time to stop the wheel hop and thats were I have some questions There are so many to choose from. Right now I'm thinking of getting ether UMI or J&M non adjustable UCA & LCAs Why because they are cheep and I'm not sure I need to spend the extra money on more expensive control arms because in reality the car will most likely never see a drag strip or autocross event. So what Im looking for is some imput as to weather my thinking is flaud or the products from these MFGs is junk or not worth the money and I should buy a different brand or something like that.
Don't use the stock dampers, it's going to feel like crap. You should use performance dampers that are tuned to the lowering springs. Your car will fell better than when it was new. I went with The Eibach Pro system plus and it looks great and rides like a champ. If you don't want to spend the money on a whole system you can get the Pro system which is just the springs and dampers, I would recommend getting GT500 strut mounts which are firmer than stock, AM has them for $110 for the pair. The best price I've found on the Eibach pro system is at The tire rack, here is the link:
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Mustang+GT&autoYear=2008&autoModClar=Coupe

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
230 Posts
@ Caster Troy, the FR strut mounts work with the Eibach kit? I was ready to order the FR handling pack, but I have a perfectly good strut brace. Unless someone recommends using the new brace, I don't want to end up with a brace collecting dust or try and sell it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
@ Caster Troy, the FR strut mounts work with the Eibach kit? I was ready to order the FR handling pack, but I have a perfectly good strut brace. Unless someone recommends using the new brace, I don't want to end up with a brace collecting dust or try and sell it.
Yes, it will, same design just a harder compound. You are going to have it out when you change springs and dampers, might as well change the mounts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
H&R Street-Perf. Coil-Ove

I just recently had the H&R Street-Perf. Coil-Over (Premium, Performance Street) put in. You can find them at the same link provided above for the Eibachs. They are AMAZING.

I also had my '08 vert lowered 1&3/4" and installed some Kenny Brown upper & lower control arms, anti-squat brackets, an adjustable panhard bar, and camber bolts. This was the best money I ever spent on a car, and I would advise you to get the best suspension parts you can afford. There appears to be a big difference in the quality of shocks in particular.

You may also want to look at stiffening/bracing your chassis and strut towers for better handling too.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess maybe I will just hold off a little longer and stash a few more bucks so I can do all the suspension work at one time I was planning to do Koni STR.T struts & shocks later down the road along with Strano sway bars but instead of being impatient I'll just hold off a little longer and do it right the first time

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep I went with FRPP P springs "1 drop and I installed new struts and skocks just OEM replacements MONRO I also installed new GT500 strut mounts and a Steeda UCA The car ride's
GREAT I also did 1" wheel spacers to push the stock 18x8.5 Fan-blade wheels out closer to the fender lip I plan to install an FRPP sway-bar kit down the road to finish everything up on the suspension

1 - 15 of 15 Posts